GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
CYCLE GEAR sent me a sale flyer, anyone have experience with the BiLT helments? Looking at the modulars and 3/4 helments.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Bilt vs. HJC

I have a Bilt modular. I find it a little heavy and noisy, but not horrible. I feel that the shell is quite big. Just for info, I have a HJC modular that is my absolute favorite. I have worn it on several long trips, and it has served very well, in all weather conditions. It is comfortable and durable. Prices are fairly close. Cycle Gear (Here, at least) allows you to return helmets, if you don't like them. Everyone's head is different.

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have a Bilt modular. I find it a little heavy and noisy, but not horrible. I feel that the shell is quite big. Just for info, I have a HJC modular that is my absolute favorite. I have worn it on several long trips, and it has served very well, in all weather conditions. It is comfortable and durable. Prices are fairly close. Cycle Gear (Here, at least) allows you to return helmets, if you don't like them. Everyone's head is different.
thats the kinda reply i was looking for..thank you

·
Registered
297 Posts
Had a friend buy a Bilt modular for his girlfriend, she had many problems with it, sticking button when trying to open. He returned it several days after he purchased it! My vote is Shoei, my multitec beats every other helmet I own (six others).

·
Registered
315 Posts
I would not buy one, they are very cheap!!!! Go over to Lakeland Fun Bike Center and look at there helmets. They have a lot of variety and you can try them on before you buy one. I personally like HJC.

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
Might take a look at GMAX helmets also. I have a gm54 modular.

·
Registered
5,260 Posts
thats the kinda reply i was looking for..thank you
Would be nice if you could find a place to try one on. Might save you the hassle of exchange. You do not need a $600.00 helmet to get good head protection.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts