GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't have the problem since the Lord has blessed me with no hair at birth and no hair now, but my wife complains that while we are traveling her scalp start to itch very bad and she has to put scalp itch cream on. I don't have the problem but what to know if others or their wifes have this problem and what they have done to stop or find the cause. This problem has been since the helmet was new. Is the helmet causing or pressing so much that it is grinding the hair into her scalp or what?

Any help or ideas would help her quite a bit to make our trips better.

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
Da Momma says she doesn't have that problem, our friend Rozz has enough hair for 3 people and she says no dice on severe itchy head. Could be a liner issue, if it comes out, try running it through a good washing and see if that helps, Or could be a slightly too small OR poorly fitting helmet. I am referring to different shape or size irregularities. (sp) I have the same follicly challenged head so I know where your coming from. Good luck on the problem.

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
Da Momma says she doesn't have that problem, our friend Rozz has enough hair for 3 people and she says no dice on severe itchy head. Could be a liner issue, if it comes out, try running it through a good washing and see if that helps, Or could be a slightly too small OR poorly fitting helmet. I am referring to different shape or size irregularities. (sp) I have the same follicly challenged head so I know where your coming from. Good luck on the problem.

+1 on the liner. If it is removable I would try washing it. If its a new or relatively new helmet especially. They use all kinds of chemicals and such in manufacturing fabrics now days. A good wash, if possible, might do the trick.

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
A poor fitting helmet is probably to blame. Most people buy them too big and they move around while riding.

Wearing a helmet liner also helps a lot and keeps the inside of the helmet clean.

·
Registered
5,923 Posts
:agree: with Silks. I have 3 of them and use them every time I put on my helmet. I wash one after a couple of rides, so I always have a clean one ready.

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
Get a scull cap... and an helmet disinfectant.

·
Registered
323 Posts
:agree::doorag: My wife and I use the SLIKS liners from cyclegadgets. They work great. Wife really had a problem with itchie head, liner took care of it.:p

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
I get an itchy scalp with the helmet if I have just washed my hair and my scalp is oil dry. After a few hours and the scalp starts getting the natural oils back the itch goes away.... Now you know the rest of the story. Cheers...:doorag:

·
Registered
880 Posts
Try switching shampoos. Worked for the wife. Me no issue/no hair too!
Don't wear hair spray.
Silks or cotton bandanas.
I "sometimes" wash the liner in a low concentration of BLUE Dawn. It cuts the natural oils your hair/scalp leaves behind. I have left the liner in the bucket since it was glued in. Now the liner snaps in/out.

Bobalou

·
Premium Member
12,497 Posts
unless you're the type who can wear shoes
or sneakers without socks,
then don't try wearing a helmet without a
"do-rag" or "slik".

The "do-rag" does for your head and helmet
what socks do for your feet and shoes

Dennis

·
Banned
1,247 Posts
A little flea powder always worked for me!!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts