GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I rode up north of Joplin, and I noticed quite a few bikers not wearing a helmet. I'm just wondering if Missouri did away with it's mandatory helmet law. I've checked a few web sites, still haven't seen anything saying it was repealed. We followed a Kansas tagged bike into Missouri on I-44, passed 3 or 4 LEOs in the construction, they didn't stop him, just wondering!

·
Registered
522 Posts
Yesterday I rode up north of Joplin, and I noticed quite a few bikers not wearing a helmet. I'm just wondering if Missouri did away with it's mandatory helmet law. I've checked a few web sites, still haven't seen anything saying it was repealed. We followed a Kansas tagged bike into Missouri on I-44, passed 3 or 4 LEOs in the construction, they didn't stop him, just wondering!
Missouri. . . . Every person operating or riding as a passenger on any motorcycle or motortricycle, as defined in section 301.010, RSMo, upon any highway of this state shall wear protective headgear at all times the vehicle is in motion. . . ."

Here in Nevada we have a mandatory helmet law. I see riders everyday without helmets. I guess it is just not enforced.

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
Let um do it. It is their head.

Yesterday we had an earthquake, a little one, people ran out into the street and acted like chickens with no heads, instead of going to lower levels of buildings and staying safe. They went outside where falling glass and concrete can smash their heads........

As for me I will wear my helmet. Just in case.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey redneck neighbor, hello from Grove
Howdy up there. I noticed yesterday things are a bit greener up in that corner of the state. Ya'll musta got more rain than we have this summer! I'm sure ready for some cooler weather, 102 out there at 2 P.M. today. I told my wife we ought to ride back to Joplin this weekend so she can see how bad it STILL is. She's workin' during the week, so our riding together is limited. Depending on the weather, we may be re-roofing the house this weekend though.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Howdy up there. I noticed yesterday things are a bit greener up in that corner of the state. Ya'll musta got more rain than we have this summer! I'm sure ready for some cooler weather, 102 out there at 2 P.M. today. I told my wife we ought to ride back to Joplin this weekend so she can see how bad it STILL is. She's workin' during the week, so our riding together is limited. Depending on the weather, we may be re-roofing the house this weekend though.
I though you got all the rain in the past 3 months. It's been hit and miss lately.

You a GWRRA'er? I haven't been in many moons. I follow the muskogee chapter on Facebook to see if they are doing anything up my way.

Wifie and I just got back from an overnighter to Ozark AR, Rivertowne BBQ and mt magazine. Was a good ride, we started early and stopped before the hot part of the day.

Sorry I molested your post. :)

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I though you got all the rain in the past 3 months. It's been hit and miss lately.

You a GWRRA'er? I haven't been in many moons. I follow the muskogee chapter on Facebook to see if they are doing anything up my way.

Wifie and I just got back from an overnighter to Ozark AR, Rivertowne BBQ and mt magazine. Was a good ride, we started early and stopped before the hot part of the day.

Sorry I molested your post. :)
Heck, we ain't got much rain all summer, 'till about 2 weeks ago, add to that how hot it's been, and most of the leaves were falling off the trees. I mowed our yard a few days ago, first time in about 6 weeks, did more scattering leaves than cutting grass. It's starting to come out of it though.
We did join GWRRA last November just to see what it was all about. I'm not much of a "club" type guy, but I knew a few people in it, and thought we'd try it out. To me, I just didn't seem to fit in there, seems I only had one guy that cared that I was there, sorry, but thats the feeling I got from it! My work schedule has only let me go on one breakfast ride and attend two of the meetings. I looked at my schedule, and I will be able to go to the next meeting if I want to. I don't know that we'll re-join when our year is up, kinda doubt it. Most of my riding is with my co-workers on our days off, we seem to fit in that group better, know each other better, the wife even enjoys it, and feels welcome around them! Sorry for the seemingly anti-GWWRA rant, I guess I just haven't gotten to participate enough to make any other judgement yet.
The wife & I usually try to do an overnighter about every month, but haven't this year. We've got a daughter in college we're helping out financially, plus trying to save money for a 25th anniversary cruise to the Bohamas in November she booked us on. We just decided to put ourselves on a budget :shock: this summer and bypass most of our 'fun' we usually enjoy!

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Let um do it. It is their head.

Yesterday we had an earthquake, a little one, people ran out into the street and acted like chickens with no heads, instead of going to lower levels of buildings and staying safe. They went outside where falling glass and concrete can smash their heads........

As for me I will wear my helmet. Just in case.
Kit, I know this ain't what ya meant, but I got a chuckle out of your reply. I got this mental picture of a guy walking down the sidewalk all the time wearing his motorcycle helmet.......Just in case. :lol:

·
Registered
784 Posts
I was in DC three weeks ago and I wouldn't be a bit surprised to see some one with a helmet on walking down the street. Not the same type of folks you meet daily in Okie land. As for MO, I'm headed thru there tomorrow and I will have the lid on for sure. Checking in from BA.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts