GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a new helmet lock knob but thought I would check first and see if anyone has a better way to lock up the helmets. It's a pain getting your hand in to move the knob, especially if you have a full trunk. The last bike was a Kawasaki Concours and you couldn't even use them if you had the side bags on. Most guys moved them to the back of the bike. You would think these manufacturers would make it a little more convenient to lock up your helmet. Anyways let me know if you have a better way, aftermarket lock, etc. Thanks

·
Immortal Member
3,084 Posts
Ted Malcolm makes an electric helmet lock release that you can wire into one of the functions of your remote.
Press the button for trunk release for instance and your helmet locks open automatically.
Got to get mine soon, I'm tired of digging down to the bottom of a stuffed trunk.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That would be good if it isn't too involved. How hard is it to get at the actual lock? Looks like alot of work to remove the lower liner if that is what you need to do. Jim

·
Registered
596 Posts
Ted Malcolm makes an electric helmet lock release that you can wire into one of the functions of your remote.
Press the button for trunk release for instance and your helmet locks open automatically.
Got to get mine soon, I'm tired of digging down to the bottom of a stuffed trunk.

Got em. Best thing since sliced bread:thumbup:

·
Registered
871 Posts
helmet lock

I believe Kury makes chrome helmet locks that go on the end of your handle bar grips. One on each grip and you can lock two helmets without opening your trunk

·
Registered
4,935 Posts
Yea, but you have to have the Kury grips to uise those locks.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
1 - 10 of 10 Posts