Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 'Lid Skid"

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
15 year Member
6,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are alot of members on this board now, I thought it would be interesting to see a helmet breakdown. Comments as to why you chose your helmet are welcome!!

Matt(Ashland,MA) :D

·
Registered
457 Posts
FF

·
Registered
547 Posts
I wear a 3/4 helmet because they're more comfortable for me. I've also got a full face helmet, and intended to use it when it got cold enough to warrant it, but I haven't needed it yet.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
I wear a full face for the cold or LONG days on th ehighway... 3/4 the rest of the time... you need to make it accept more than one answer...

·
Registered
416 Posts
I've got one, or more, of each type except the full-flip, and skid.

I wear my full face SHOEI (ear and mic) most of the time, except when it is just to damn hot (black helmet), then it's one of my 3/4 (both have ear/mic). The SHOEI 1/2 was a waste of GOOD money. Poor fit.

I'm hunting for a white or silver full-flip this winter, would never bother with a skid-lid.

I live in a state that doesn't require a helmet, but wear one +95% of the time.

·
Registered
5,252 Posts
full face at this time.

Looking at a flip front helmets, never owned one. Found one that fits well , also has an inner sun visor

·
Registered
4,157 Posts
Full Face only.

I've traveled many thousands of miles with a novelty half helmet and many more with a 3/4. I've never crash tested any of them, but I've grown up now. I've seen the results of accidents with the other types of helmets and I don't want that to happen to me. So, it's a full face for me. I'll also replace it every three to five years.

This is just my thing. Wear whatever you want to or don't wear any at all. In the US you should be allowed to wear whatever you want. I just like the full face.

p.s.
Full Face helmets have better sound.

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Tony in AZ said:
full face at this time.

Looking at a flip front helmets, never owned one. Found one that fits well , also has an inner sun visor

I usually wear a flip front, but I like my 3/4 with full face shield.

Tony...what kind did ya find that also has an inner sun visor ???

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
I wear a 3/4 with a JM headset & mic when temps are low, wear a 1/2 when temps are high w/ boom mic for CB use.

·
Registered
4,863 Posts
I have a lot of helmets, full face, flip helmets, 3/4 and half helmets, but after nearly catching a large rock in the face while riding home one night years ago (it hit just above my eye on the helmet itself) - the 3/4 and half helmets are permanently retired. I no longer allow either to be used on my bike due to safety reasons.

DaleC

S

·
0 Posts
Full face, only helmet made with a Snell rating, saw to many accidents with ground off mandibles.

Face plants always hurt :(

·
Registered
21,021 Posts
FF only

Arai XD which has a sunvisor and larger faceshield than most, i love it

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
Full face for me. My face isn't going to win any beauty contests, but it's all I've got and I'd hate to leave some of it on the pavement if I go down.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Full face Helmets for both me as my SO...It only takes one to crash to find out why.... :(

·
Registered
544 Posts
Not to be funny, but I ahve tried every full face helmet made and none will fit my head. Too much distance between the back of my head and the front of my chin. It's a shame that no one can mold and shape a helmets shell and foam to the shape and size of everyones head. A lot of folks like me would pay good money for that.

·
Registered
270 Posts
helmet

3/4 but thinking about changing after reading these posts.

·
Legend in His Own Mind
4,671 Posts
Full face helmet 100% of the time. It perspectively offers by far the best protection against sun, wind, rain, or potential injury. Also with a tinted shield it helps my H.A.R.D. radar systems helmet L.E.D. to show up better and be more eyecatching, which is crucial to me.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts