GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
19,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Simple question. If you could have any brand , style of helmet regardless of price which one would you select? It would be free. In other words what brand/model do you think is the best and why? I have a Shoei 1000 and am considering an Arai Profile FF.

·
Registered
629 Posts
I have an Aria classic, but wish the shark modular would fit, I like their concept.

·
Love The DCT
11,778 Posts
Scorpion EXO 700 in fluorescent neon green. Hi visibility helmet, EPS quick wick liner, quick change no fog face shield system, breath deflector, and available with custom liner and cheek pad kits

·
Registered
176 Posts
Arai Profile. It's the only one that fits properly.

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Helmets

I have always prefferred Shoei when we were riding off road, they fit my head well. However I did buy a Scorpion EX700 in neon yellow and it fits very well also. I have been happy with it and the price is much better than a Shoei. As stated above the fog free shield works like it says, and easy to change. It was also fairly simple to install my Edsets into the helmet. I picked up another one used (like new) for a backup and/or passenger helmet, so I have matching helmets now.
But, as stated above, the one that fits you the best is the one you need to buy, dont go on price, go on comfort. There is nothing more anoying when you are riding and have pressure points bothering you and you have to continuouly move your helmet around. And usually these dont show up until you have worn the helmet for an hour or more, so it makes it a little hard to pick one out, even if you go to a store to try it on. Point is, if you find a brand/model that fits, stay with it, you will be happier that way.

·
Registered
7,040 Posts
HJC 3/4 and SYMAX, they are the only one tried thus far!

·
Crazy Northerner
8,621 Posts
Well I am not sure which is the best, but I know the Nolan does not fir my not round head. I would like to try the Shark EVO, but it does not come in a large enough size. The concept behind their helmet looks like just what I need. I am currently using a VOX that fits well, but after several years the inside sun guard tends to slide down part way and becomes irritating.

·
Registered
46 Posts
It all comes down to what is comfortable, and fits you best. I have a big melon and the Arai Signet is a good fit for me.

·
Registered
812 Posts
I have both a Shoei RF 800 and a Arai Profile FF and like them equally.

·
Registered
10,849 Posts
Simple question. If you could have any brand , style of helmet regardless of price which one would you select? It would be free. In other words what brand/model do you think is the best and why? I have a Shoei 1000 and am considering an Arai Profile FF.
I like the Shoei and the Arai offerings but most of all, I like the Schubert.

·
Premium Member
12,497 Posts
If you could have any ... regardless of price
I have one ear lower than the other.
NOTHING fits right..

If I could have ANYTHING and money was no object,
I'd have a titanium plate subcutaneously
installed between my scalp and my skull...

... probably have the ear removed too ...

;)

Dennis

·
Registered
43 Posts

Shoei Multitec for me . . . fits my round head well.

Most of my riding buddies wear Shoei or Arai . . . Arai seems to fit folks with oval-shaped heads well.

Shoei and Arai seem to be the helmets of choice at track day events . . . :doorag:

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
Jack Nicholson wore the most classic helmet ever. Dennis Hopper is looking at him thinking, man if I could find one of those in my size!
I had one of those when I first started. My next will propbably be a GMAX.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts