GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
937 Posts
No info on the helmet but I gota ask - what's the story behin the HondaJet in your sig ?

·
Registered
188 Posts
I sat in one of the HondaJets at the NBAA show the last time it was in Atlanta. No real interior as it was a test bed. I think they are still doing certification and testing and have passed 500 hours on the airframe and just recently hit a max altitude of 43,000ft.

They are in the process of building an assembly facility in Greensboro, NC. Not sure when deliveries are supposed to begin...

·
Registered
204 Posts
I have not found one yet to try, but they look good. Revzilla does a good review of it, but said it is a modular designed more for sport bike riding in the tucked position instead of riding upright like we do. It is so new may be a while before you see many of them. I also liked the face shield as it darkens in sunlight. That with the flip down inside shades should keep the strain off the old eyes better.:lol:

·
Registered
137 Posts
Bell Revolver

Just replaced my son's HJC ISMax with one. He really likes it which is great because that means he'll wear it! I'll probably order myself one as well.

·
Banned
2,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Clark'ster found this about a month ago and I thought I might look into it after a brief post early on a Sunday morning..

Price is great. The Bell Name has always been around and good. Like the drop down shade and ease of operation on all mechanical goodies.

In the ton of reviews I have read I get a 50/50 on noise and a few comments on a chin cushion should have been added to reduce noise.

Heck, this will be my first full face and after wearing open face helmets forever the Bell helmet should be as quiet as a grave yard at midnight.

·
Rocket Man
1,558 Posts
I haven't seen this before. Looks a bit like Darth Vader huh? I like the looks.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Great helmet, but you can't put a headset on it. The adjustment for the drop down visor is where the headset plug would go.

·
Registered
10,847 Posts
Great helmet, but you can't put a headset on it. The adjustment for the drop down visor is where the headset plug would go.
Are you sure? Perhaps I am missing something but imagine that if the helmet sells wellm J & M will have a headset in short order.

I worry about the weight and the noise level. Modular helmets tend to be quite noisy with a few exceptions.

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
Are you sure? Perhaps I am missing something but imagine that if the helmet sells wellm J & M will have a headset in short order.

I worry about the weight and the noise level. Modular helmets tend to be quite noisy with a few exceptions.
Just use a side clamp style and move it back a bit.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Just use a side clamp style and move it back a bit.
Check the helmet. If you use a side clamp and move it back behind the mechanism, the mike won't be long enough. I did get a chance to see this helmet. This is why I have a new Scorpion EXO900. I did like the price and fit of it. The shield area seemed not to seal very well.

·
Registered
19,398 Posts
Nice helmet. I like the way the liner snaps out in the back

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
Check the helmet. If you use a side clamp and move it back behind the mechanism, the mike won't be long enough. I did get a chance to see this helmet. This is why I have a new Scorpion EXO900. I did like the price and fit of it. The shield area seemed not to seal very well.

I looked at it again. Watched it a couple times. I am very good at inventing solutions.

I would put the clamp ahead of the inner shield operational lever, and even if need be drill a couple small holes and use small long bolts and secure the clamp that way. :lol:

All helmets have some kind of something. I use the HJC Symax ll at the moment, and in a good rain, the shield on it leaks down the left side, drips down my nose and hey.....works well, you do not have to have a drink cup just open your mouth.

I would like to try this one, ride it a couple miles, see how noisy it might be at an upright riding position.

Nice looking helmet, pretty neat. But I would want to go for a short ride with it just to see how it acts at speed, sitting upright.

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
I'd like to see some development in helmets for all of us riding behind big fairings. There has to be a fairly simple solution to the low frequency (the range I have left) booming other than ear plugs. There has to be a way to get more air into the visor and top of head area for us, too. Riding my daughter's Shadow 750 in my SymaxII, I get plenty of air on the visor and to cool the face, plus over the top of the head to remove sweat. Not so behind the fairing and windshield of the 'wing.

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
I'd like to see some development in helmets for all of us riding behind big fairings. There has to be a fairly simple solution to the low frequency (the range I have left) booming other than ear plugs. There has to be a way to get more air into the visor and top of head area for us, too. Riding my daughter's Shadow 750 in my SymaxII, I get plenty of air on the visor and to cool the face, plus over the top of the head to remove sweat. Not so behind the fairing and windshield of the 'wing.
A two inch hole drilled into top of the helmet, a bit of PVC pipe and a forward facing 90 degree bend. :lol:

Might make your neck a bit tired though...................

1 - 20 of 41 Posts