GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a Shoei GT-Air II in silver to match the bike. My new jacket & pants (Motorport!) have the reflective yellow stripes. I'm thinking about putting a couple of matching hi vis yellow stripes on the back / sides of the helmet. Has anyone done this? Did you use decals / tape / paint?

·
Registered
29 Posts
I did it with decals I found either on eBay or Amazon. Worked well enough, but wasn't a masterpiece. It's difficult to lay tape accurately on a curved surface like a helmet.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Visit your local sign shops. The small amount of vinyl that you would need is usually considered scraps. You may get lucky and find someone with some small pieces that the are willing to give ( or sell ) to you.

Another possibility is some of the larger craft shops sell small pieces of vinyl, approx 12' x 12' in various colors.

If I had any I would give it to you but it's not something that get used very often.

Look on you tube for some tips on how to apply vinyl to the compound curves on the helmet.

Good luck, ride safe.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
I have a strip on my helmet. 10 inches long by 1 inch wide. Been on there longer than I'm willing to admit having the same helmet....lol
I was going on a trip and wanted extra reflectivity from the rear. All I did was round the edges a bit. Folks say it reflects so well that they copied it.

I used Cat Eye luminous tape.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts