GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a notice of a helmet sale at Revzilla a day or so ago and ordered a Nolan N40 Open face helmet with some kind of headset in it. It was about $207.00 with tax and shipped to my door in Charleston, SC.

For those of youu shopping for a helmet (recent thread here) this might be something you need to look at. I would have bought it WITHOUT the headset at that price. Can't wait to see how it looks in person and if the headset really is incorporated in it( sometimes I read things incorrectly).

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
I got a notice of a helmet sale at Revzilla a day or so ago and ordered a Nolan N40 Open face helmet with some kind of headset in it. It was about $207.00 with tax and shipped to my door in Charleston, SC.

For those of youu shopping for a helmet (recent thread here) this might be something you need to look at. I would have bought it WITHOUT the headset at that price. Can't wait to see how it looks in person and if the headset really is incorporated in it( sometimes I read things incorrectly).
https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/nolan-n40-helmet-solid
This is the Nolan N40 I found at Revzilla......it is Ncom ready.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I love my Nolan I have two n40's one with the N-com and one with a Sena unit I installed. The N-com worked great when the wife was wearing her Nolan with N-com. She got a new helmet with the Sena so I bought the second N40 for myself and I installed the Sena for easier bike to bike.

·
Registered
43 Posts
And I just bought two HJC's and installed a new Sena SMH10D. Dang!

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/nolan-n40-helmet-solid
This is the Nolan N40 I found at Revzilla......it is Ncom ready.
Well thanks for that info. I just received the helmet yesterday and plan on opening up the box later today. Funny thing is I have no idea what N-com is. LOL! Now that I have it, what do I do with it. I only have corded hookups in my other helmets.

I ride a 2015 Ultra Classic with CB. Do I need to buy the WHIM to make this N-com work with my bike? Or does it just let me talk to other riders with Senas? Does it have FM music integrated into the headset?

·
Registered
265 Posts
Well thanks for that info. I just received the helmet yesterday and plan on opening up the box later today. Funny thing is I have no idea what N-com is. LOL! Now that I have it, what do I do with it. I only have corded hookups in my other helmets.

I ride a 2015 Ultra Classic with CB. Do I need to buy the WHIM to make this N-com work with my bike? Or does it just let me talk to other riders with Senas? Does it have FM music integrated into the headset?
Use it for phone calls or just pull it out. The wife and I used it for bike to bike as she rides her own.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Use it for phone calls or just pull it out. The wife and I used it for bike to as it cas she rides her own.

Thanks! I opened the box yesterday and looked at the setup. I have to admit I don't know how to use it. It stated in the instruction manual that there is a Cable to attach to the bike that is sold separately. I didn't see that as an option when I bought it. The instruction manual, like most, is totally useless to me for understanding anything about the unit.

I'm not griping, mind you, because the helmet itself is worth the $200 I paid for it. I just would like to know how to use the N-com since it's already in there. But it looks like it's just the speakers and the mike that is installed. There are no controls anywhere outside the helmet. So I'm guessing there are no batteries anywhere either. LOL!

Could anyone that has used this instead of replacing it with a Sena tell me what I actually have and what else needs to be there to make this thing work? And what do you actually use it FOR?

By the way, the helmet looks great! And I love that PEAK visor on it. That's the real reason I bought THIS helmet in the first place.

·
Registered
265 Posts
GOV5 You probably got this model Nolan that comes with the mike and speakers for a Goldwing hook up. If you got the version with the N-com system you would have controls on the side of the helmet. I am thinking the version you got is N-com ready which means you can order the system and add it later if you want. This video might explain better than I can.
. You are right about the peak and having the drop down sun shield that is why I like mine so much. I hope this helps if you have any more questions don't be afraid to ask.

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
I bought an N40 about 2yrs ago, the headset is not too good, I sent the helmet to Sierra & had them install a J&M Elite.
Although the helmet is pretty quite w/ the face shield down, I like the helmet even though it's plastic..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts