GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, it's my own fault. I left it in the travel trunk along with some chrome polish. :oops: So anybody got a good hint how to get the smell and the grime out of it, before I have to wear it again?

·
Young Buck
2,551 Posts
Can the liner be removed? If so, remove it and wash in some luke warm water and a dab of Woolite.

If the liner can't be removed, do the same thing. Turn the helmet upside down, and use the shell as a bowl.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Set your helmet down over a freshly opened box of baking soda. After it sits over night there won't be any oder. This works so well, I have gotten into the habit of putting my helmet over a box of baking soda everytime I get back from a ride. :yw1:

·
Registered
476 Posts
I called HJC customer service a few months back and they told me to use the fabric softener sheets you normally use in the dryer. Put a sheet in the helmet and put the helmet in a helmet bag. Not perfect, but it helps.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I know one guy that says that he just puts his helmet in the dish washer and runs it. :shock: I use fabreze, you might want to make sure you aren't allgeric to it though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts