GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I had my ST1300, I could carry a spare large full faced helmet in either saddlebag - so I'd have a spare if I picked up a passenger or if something happened to my helmet.

I can't get my large Arai into either saddlebag, but I have a medium Scorpion full faced that will fit. That's just not quite large enough to do me any good.

I've heard that some helmet shells are the same size but the different sizes are created based on amount of padding inside the helmet.

What is the biggest helmet you have gotten in a saddlebag, and what kind of helmet was it?

·
Registered
4,649 Posts
I have had a medium AJC flip and a large MR2 3/4 both in the trunk with plenty of room to spare. I also had two pair of leather gloves (one Gerbings), a pair of mechanics gloves, and various other stuff in it at that time. There is plenty of room in the trunk, you just have to rotate the helmets towards each other a little. I use the saddle bags for all of the other stuff.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wi_Winger said:
I have Arai X-large and it will fit in all three saddle bags.
Mike, is that a full face? Mine is X-Large and I can't get it into the saddlebags. Trunk is no problem. But that leaves me with secure storage for one helmet, and I'd have to carry the other.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
The left bag is larger that the right. If the helmet won't fit in the left, don't waste your time trying the right. Been there!

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
You can get two helments in the trunk, do it all the time, they are both 3/4 though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts