GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an Xlarge Omega flip front helmet, and Friday when riding, That thing was putting pressure on the front of my head something fierce. Are head shapes, like round, or oval, or square, better suited for certain brand helmets? :?:

·
Registered
9,099 Posts
Sure are. Some put pressure on the forehead, some don't leave any room for chin or nose, some pressure the neck, some press in on the sides of the head. I have one that keeps rolling forward trying to cover my eyes. And it is not price driven. I have a $300 flip front that I can't even close the front on, and a $100 flip front that fits like a haircut.

·
Registered
877 Posts
I've had that problem for many years. If I get a helmet that fits front to back it is so loose side to side. In '98 I discovered that Arai helmets makes helmets in a "round oval" or a "long oval" shape. I bought the long oval, the signet series and it has been the most comfortable helmet I've ever had. I'm looking at a signet gtr now for a replacement. It was even a bit more comfortable and has replacement cheek pads available in different sizes. Check this other post about Arai helmets.
http://forums.gl1800riders.com/viewtopic.php?t=4204

·
Thirsty Member
2,579 Posts
I've had the problem for many years......I've removed the cloth padding in a helmet and used sand paper to shave the front and rear of the foam in the helmet to try and get a better fit. It has helped, but not what you want to do to a helmet.

My BEST fitting helmet I have found is the ARAI CLASSIC/M in an open-face design. I needed to go to the XXL size, but it fits like a glove on both the front and sides, and no additional shaving needed.

As others have said, the ARAI helmet is designed for more of an 'oval' shaped head. Check them out.

·
Registered
4,863 Posts
William - every helmet has a unique feel and fit so it really is important to visit a good helmet shop and determine which helmet works and feels best with your head.

You may want to try both the Nolan and the HJC Flip helmets and see if they are more comfortable for you. I have both and wear the HJC for the most part. Others as much as I may have wished I could have considered too, just didn't fit or work.

DaleC

·
Registered
348 Posts
I have a fat head?

I cant find a full face helmet that fits. Hope to go from 1/2 helmet to a 3/4 Seer. They are making a xx large helmet for the American Head.

Those importers think we all have small heads!

·
15 year Member
6,873 Posts
Andrew,

Have you looked into a slightly used smaller head?

See ya at Americade!!!!

MattILRed2002 :lol:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts