GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where is a good place to buy helmets from online? Thanx in advance....John :doorag:

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
Lots of them, pick your poison. One suggestion first, If you haven't done so, find a reputable dealer who REALLY knows how to fit a helmet and get it done right. Helmets change constantly and a style that fits this year may not fit the same 3 years from now. I rarely buy on line for that reason.

·
Registered
872 Posts
Lots of them, pick your poison. One suggestion first, If you haven't done so, find a reputable dealer who REALLY knows how to fit a helmet and get it done right. Helmets change constantly and a style that fits this year may not fit the same 3 years from now. I rarely buy on line for that reason.
Good advice.
The most important thing about a helmet is the fit, and that can be challenging when buying on-line. If you find prices that are much lower on-line, then I guess the best thing would be to try that brand on somewhere, get the right fit, then buy on-line. But that really really sucks from the dealers perspective.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I second Sierra Electronics. They'll work with you until you get it right. I just went through it with them, and they were wonderful to work with.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
I live right down the street from The Helmet Shop (www.helmetshop.com) and have watched them grow from a back room to a 2 story building. They are good people with excellent prices and excellent customer service. They know what they are talking about and if you don't have access to a shop to try on something just give them a call and talk to them. Tell them what you wear now and how it fits and they can make suggestions based on their years of experience.

Between me, my wife and my in-laws we have purchased 12 helmets over the last 10 years from The Helmet Shop and have been satisfied with the price and service of every one of them.

BTW, they sell and install J&M, IMC and Scala Rider electronics for free with the purchase at prices a bit better than Sierra Electronics.

If you have access to a dealership with helmets to try then by all means try them on directly before you purchase but make sure you call and talk to someone rather than simply clicking the buy button unless you are 100% sure what you are ordering is what fits.

·
Registered
977 Posts
HDL with a 10% off sale? Free shipping, no sales tax.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts