GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased the 276C and autokit. I have read page 103 of owner manual which tells me zippo about how to go about wiring the 276C to my wing. Does anyone have some detailed instructions, a website, or diagrams that I could follow?

I have ED Sets, no CB, no CD, and no other electronics. I want to be able to have the GPS hardwired to the bike power source and I want to be able to hear the voice commands through the edsets.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
You have a couple of options to get the GPS voice in your headsets. One option uses the intercom the other use the Aux input on the stereo. The wiring harness will give you the hook up for power and audio.

To use the IC you need a single set (for one device) or a dual set ( for 2 devices) and a wiring harness for the 276.

To use the Aux input on the stereo you need an Aux set and a wiring harness. There are options for multiple devices on the Aux set also.

Both solutions have pluses and minuses. If you hook it to the IC that means the you have to have the IC on when you want to hear the prompts, this leads to other problems such as the the wind noise, which can be eliminated with mic mutes. With the Aux set you have to have your stereo on th Aux mode to hear the prompts, you can still listen to a MP3 or a satellite radio but it eliminates the broadcast radio.

You can find more information about this on Jon's site.

http://www.goldwinggadgets.com/kennedy.asp

·
Registered
4,157 Posts
I second calling Jon for the right stuff.

I wired my 276C through the intercom using a Kenedy Singleset. You can get one that is plug-and-play through Jon for about $80. I wired the power to the Aux 12V connector under the left pocket.

·
Registered
6,891 Posts
Actually, the complete plug and play SingleSet system for the 276c is $125 which includes a new GPS cable assembly that's terminated with the correct connectors to match up to the audio & power cables included in the kit. The power cable that I typically include in the kit connects to the ACC power plug under the LH pocket since the GPS has its' own internal battery for use when the bike power is off.

You can find the kit at this link, about half-way down the page.

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
I second all of the above! Single set (or Dual set) is the way to go, you won't regret it. While you are looking on Jon's site, be sure to check out his dash mount as well! It really puts the GPS in a perfect line of site and is easy to control with either hand.

Happy New Year :capwin:

BAT

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Decided to take your advice folks and have ordered the Kennedy single set. Figured I might as well pay a bit more to have the voice option. After using the gps in the car for last couple of months I have gotten accustomed to listening for the voice prompt when in unfamiliar locations so that I could pay attention to the road.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts