GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I just put on new tires, the old ones had 10.5 on them, the back tire was cupped so badly it was almost unrideable. Anyway I have since found out that cupping is generally caused by low pressure. Well before my 2700 mile trip I checked the air pressure and checked it once during the trip. Now after getting the tires back from the shop and installing them I checked the pressures on both and found that the shop had over pressurized (I think). Then I checked with another guage I have and found that one to be off/differant by 4 pounds. Pulled out another guage and it too was differant from the others. Ok so 3 pressure guages and (2 of them digital) all are differant. So how do I figure out which guage is good, and any recommendations on a known good guage. Thanks for reading this far.

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Did you try the same pressure guage twice? Sometimes, it could be just not getting on the valve stem and seating correctly.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Each guage was checked at least 3 times on two differant tires. They were consistantly differant.

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
I have 2 guages and at first I was getting different readings but after several uses, I seem to be getting pretty close reading from both. However, the Honda shop says they are off about 7 pounds from what their "high tech" guage reads, considering what pressure I had the tire at with my guage reading and what theirs read.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts