GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://gl1800riders.com/forums/showthread.php?t=289777&highlight=anti+dive+valve

I did a search on the ADV, and came across the above thread. I'm assuming that the 7th bleeder screw they talk about is the one on the anti-dive valve, but.....I was never able to get any fluid to come out of it. I opened it with pressure on both the front brake lever, and then the rear pedal. Am I missing something??? Everything else bled as it should have.

2004, non-ABS.

And...........for the "inquiring minds", yes, I bled the clutch at the same time.

·
Vendor
17,774 Posts
When you bleed, use the peddle to force fluid to the ADV. The ADV is attached to the LF fork on the front side. You will see a brake hose there and a bleeder. You should be able to apply pressure to the brake peddle, crack the bleeder, and fluid will flow. You will not be able to bleed it with a Miti Vac.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When you bleed, use the peddle to force fluid to the ADV. The ADV is attached to the LF fork on the front side. You will see a brake hose there and a bleeder. You should be able to apply pressure to the brake peddle, crack the bleeder, and fluid will flow. You will not be able to bleed it with a Miti Vac.

Thanks. I did try just that, or at least I thought I did. I knew it had to be activated by either the lever or the pedal, and I thought I tried both. Hopefully it's not "oldtimers" kickin in. I'll give it another shot tomorrow.

·
Registered
16,972 Posts
Greg, if his AD valve happens to be stuck closed, would it bleed properly>

prs

·
Vendor
17,774 Posts
Greg, if his AD valve happens to be stuck closed, would it bleed properly>

prs
I have only seen them stick in the extended position. Weather extended or not they will still bleed. When hydrolic parts like that are designed by engineers, the bleeder is placed, so it will bleed no matter what happens to the piston. You can count on that as a "rule of thumb." I've never seen an exception to that rule.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts