1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello
Can anybody tell me the secret to bleeding the antidive on the
left fork, I tried to do it with a vaccum pump and nothing came out
WHAT IS THE SECRET OR TRICK TO GET IT BLEED ??????

Thanks in advance
Denny (aka Roadyacht1)

·
Vendor
17,783 Posts
A vacum method will not work. Bleed by pressing down on the foot peddle.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I just did mine last week. I did change the bleeder valve out to a "speed bleeder". But just cracked it open and pumped the rear brake and out came the brake fluid.

·
Registered
828 Posts
I did mine last month, wasn't sure how it would bleed since my anti dive is disabled. To bleed the antidive you must do it with the old "Pump and Hold" method using the foot brake pedal. My wife helped me do this and we bleed all the brakes this way. I might add she did a great job.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I like having my wife help me bleed brakes on all sorts of vehicles. She also does a great job. Beats the heck out of having "one of the guys" help cause shes not trying to show me just how powerful she is. Nothing like seeing the end of a master cylinder in a car bobbing up and down cause some lugan has to bend the firewall

·
Registered
66 Posts
When you press the peddle and crack the bleeder valve, grab the lt caliper and push up on it also, you should notice the anti dive valve collapse, this will help to bleed all of the fluid out of the anti dive valve. be careful not to let air in the system.

Hello
Can anybody tell me the secret to bleeding the antidive on the
left fork, I tried to do it with a vaccum pump and nothing came out
WHAT IS THE SECRET OR TRICK TO GET IT BLEED ??????

Thanks in advance
Denny (aka Roadyacht1)

·
Registered
73 Posts
Speed Bleeder GL1800 2010

I just did mine last week. I did change the bleeder valve out to a "speed bleeder". But just cracked it open and pumped the rear brake and out came the brake fluid.
Can you forward me the numbers of the speed bleeders on the GL1800 I have their catalog but am still trying to figure out what the correct numbers are. I see some aftermarket suppliers sell a set but I'd like to make sure I order the correct ones. Thanks for your help

·
Registered
535 Posts
Can you forward me the numbers of the speed bleeders on the GL1800 I have their catalog but am still trying to figure out what the correct numbers are. I see some aftermarket suppliers sell a set but I'd like to make sure I order the correct ones. Thanks for your help
Speed bleeders are to expensive and you need a lot of them to replace all the bleeders.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Did mine this AM with vacumn pump. Worked just fine. Didn't need to do it the old fashioned way; didn't need to pump the brake pedal or anything else.

You might have had some crud in the line that took more pressure than a vacumn pump could provide in order to break the crud loose.

·
Registered
8,475 Posts
They are all the same on the Wing, you need 8 total, 2 for each calliper 1 for the clutch and 1 for the AD.

This is the part # SB8125L - and cost $7.00 each including dust cap.

Click link to buy

http://speedbleeder.zoovy.com/product/SB8125L/SB8125L-Speed-Bleeder.html

I have no association with SpeedBleed.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts