GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
had it on the jack took mc tire off can't get new tire kumo ct on....

put mc tire on took jack out and laid bike on side took tire off still can't get tire in....

what is the trick.... I'm about war out fighting with it....:shrug:

·
Smoky
1,191 Posts
Dish soap or silicon spray. Between tire and battery box. Be sure to let the air out first, goes in a lot easier.
+1 :agree: !
I've had my rear wheel with a ContiProContact 195/55 on and off my bike 3 times with it on center stand, ratchet strapped to engine guard and had no real problem. I leave it aired up and will have to give it a little boot to get it past the studs and a little yank to get it out past the studs. Nothing tied back and never use ant type of lubricant.
Good luck!

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
I let the air out if it's giving me a hard time

·
Registered
331 Posts
Welcome aboard the darkside
mrwelaxn

·
Registered
37 Posts
I put a 195/65r16 vanco 2 on yesterday. Let out the air and used some blocks of wood so I could rest after getting it past the studs. Had to get aggressive to get it into the inner fender. Scratched up the wheel some but it`s in and didn`t even hurt my recovering back muscles. I`ve got a good jack that`s similar to a pit bull. Tried one of those discount jacks and am glad I got the good one (when you`re under that motorcycle your vulnerable)

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
This link with pics shows how I mount my car tire. http://gl1800riders.com/forums/showthread.php?t=203533 The biggest advantage, I place the tire in the well space and lower the bike to line up the holes. The weight of the bike pushes the tire into place with no effort on my part. Have been doing it this way for the last 5 CTs' Cheers...:doorag:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts