GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed a Honda cb into my new 2013 today. The cb was out of my old '08 so I had to use one of the adaptor cords. Everything was pretty straight forward and as far as I know the plugs on the radio only fit back one way and the cb plugs into the top center of the radio. I did forget and and turn it on for a few seconds before the ground was connected but the antenna was plugged in. All I get on the dash is "CB ERROR".

·
Banned
2,968 Posts
Installed a Honda cb into my new 2013 today. The cb was out of my old '08 so I had to use one of the adaptor cords. Everything was pretty straight forward and as far as I know the plugs on the radio only fit back one way and the cb plugs into the top center of the radio. I did forget and and turn it on for a few seconds before the ground was connected but the antenna was plugged in. All I get on the dash is "CB ERROR".

Did is you connect the power cable

if so try some contact cleaner in the old CB cable 13 pin plug

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tried to clean out the old 13 pin. Didn't have any contact cleaner but used a silicone spray. The ground strap is hooked up. Wondering what else might give this message? I did have some trouble disconnecting the 13 pin from the old bike. wonder if I damaged one of the 13 wires.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Had the same thing happen to me, but it cleared on it's own (don't know why). However, when I was searching for solutions, a rider on another forum said to disconnect the battery's ground cable, wait 10 minutes, then reconnect it. Easy to try it. Hope it works for you.

Steve

·
Banned
2,968 Posts
Could be a bad adaptor call Nicki in our office for a replacement

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Could be a bad adaptor call Nicki in our office for a replacement
Hey Pedo do you work on OEM cb's or know anybody that does? It is a Clarion made in 2006.

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
Hey Pedo do you work on OEM cb's or know anybody that does? It is a Clarion made in 2006.
User on this board LarryM if I remember correctly repairs and updates CBs

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
User on this board LarryM if I remember correctly repairs and updates CBs
"10-4 good buddy" (How'd you like the way I worked cb language into a cb related post). I am sending mine to Larry M today. Just noticed you are over at the villiages. You ride with the Prowlers any?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts