GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a used wing about 2 yrs ago and have been slowly changing things out to my riding needs.

One of the things that is currently on the bike is Kury highway pegs. HOnestly, I dont know how the previous rider could even like them. I have moved them around....adjusted..readjusted....and they never quite 'meet up' to my riding comfort.

I want to change them out.

I have read a lot about Mick o Pegs and I am leaning towards getting a set of those.

So beyond Kury....and I think Rivco........and the mentioned Mick O Pegs.....any other options out there that ppl like?

·
SuperModerator
3,343 Posts
Mic-O-Pegs are my favorite accessory. They allow me to hang my legs straight down to stretch and they also take weight off my tailbone. I'd have a hard time riding long distance without them.

Glen

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ahh...good to hear. Using the Kury ones I have on the bike now, I have a hard time putting both my feet on them at the same time...I feel over stretched just due to the placement of them and as of right now, I got them situated the best I can. Yep...they have to go

·
Registered
682 Posts
I also dislike the version of Kury "hiway pegs" I have. Tried adjusting them also but the silly shape of them and the slippery rubber "grips" makes it difficult to keep boots on them. I only use them to stretch out a few minutes and then back to the regular pegs, which I feel is where feet should be anyways in case of an emergency stop/maneuver.
I'm thinking an AirHawk seat cushion may be the biggest improvement in my future once riding season starts here.
IMG_1910.JPG

·
Registered
209 Posts
I have had the Kury pegs in the past and now have the M-O-P they are much more comfy. Also mine are mounted to the vertical bar, so no ground clearance problems.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I also dislike the version of Kury "hiway pegs" I have. Tried adjusting them also but the silly shape of them and the slippery rubber "grips" makes it difficult to keep boots on them. I only use them to stretch out a few minutes and then back to the regular pegs, which I feel is where feet should be anyways in case of an emergency stop/maneuver.
I'm thinking an AirHawk seat cushion may be the biggest improvement in my future once riding season starts here. View attachment 367089

I have the exact same ones as you. I even have mine is the same position as you but they are still uncomfortable. The same goes with me...only a few minutes then back off of them. I like the position of the MOP's. Im sure I will end up going with those.

I have an Airhawk...sheepskin...beads and a nice seat...but the trick is to change em out after every stop. I try not to stay using one thing all day.

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
I have Kury highway pegs too. They are not real comfortable on the 1800 Wing, but they sure help when my legs and knees get stiff from using the regular foot pegs. I have very long legs and big feet so I need something to allow me to change riding positions. I had the seat modified so I sit back about two inches further and I ride on a thick sheepskin rug over a thick high density pad. The combination is pretty good.

·
Registered
7,016 Posts
MOPs here on my 08, saving up for them on my 18. Jim makes a good product.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Aloha borninusa,

+1 for Mick O Pegs mounted on the vertical bar of crash bar of 01 - 17 wing.
They're functionality over looks kind of add on, but at the top of the list to improve comfort along with a good seat.
I've always been a Corbin seat fan, had one of everyone of my 5 Goldwings.
Good luck!

·
Registered
787 Posts
I tried Mick O Pegs and didn't like them. My heels practically drug on the pavement when I used them. I have used Ergo 2 pegs on a few Goldwings and for me they work great. I'm 6' 2" and can't run long distances without being able to stretch out.
Bottom line is everyone is different so you have to find what fits you. The hard part is spending money on a fairly expensive option without knowing if it's going to work for you or not.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I tried Mick O Pegs and didn't like them. My heels practically drug on the pavement when I used them. I have used Ergo 2 pegs on a few Goldwings and for me they work great. I'm 6' 2" and can't run long distances without being able to stretch out.
Bottom line is everyone is different so you have to find what fits you. The hard part is spending money on a fairly expensive option without knowing if it's going to work for you or not.

Thankfully, MOP's seem to allow return easily enough if you dont like them. They emailed me last night...and I had to answer 10 or so questions of my 'likes' ..or riding style....so I am fairly confident I will be set up with something that is right for me. I do think these are the ones I am going to get. Pricey suckers...and not the most 'photogenic'....but I am usually more about functionality any ole way

·
Registered
579 Posts
There are several variations of the MOPs. Glad to hear you engaged them in an e-mail conversation. You might want to order a couple sets so you have try out the different feel. At first thought I wanted the DD model but found a used set of the GD model and loved them. There was a used set on the classifieds but they just got snatched up.

I also installed the RIVCO Aeropegs and the Kury mini boards. Great to have the options. I can use heal, arch or ball of my foot on either peg or even use them together more like highway boards. The RIVCO is folded closed in this pic.
GL1800 502 (2).JPG

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
There are several variations of the MOPs. Glad to hear you engaged them in an e-mail conversation. You might want to order a couple sets so you have try out the different feel. At first thought I wanted the DD model but found a used set of the GD model and loved them. There was a used set on the classifieds but they just got snatched up.

I also installed the RIVCO Aeropegs and the Kury mini boards. Great to have the options. I can use heal, arch or ball of my foot on either peg or even use them together more like highway boards. The RIVCO is folded closed in this pic.
View attachment 367119
Thank you for the picture. Hopefully MOP's and I get to talk today. I need these in my life ;)

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
AFter a whole lot of emails discussing particulars....I done made a Mick O Pegs purchase. I am excited. Did I mention I hate those Kury pegs? I may have once or twice already

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
Kury has several different length arms depending on your leg length.

That said, I'm not a fan of them and their mounting system. They hit the ground too early.

I was ogling MOP but pulled the trigger on Rivco Aero pegs. I love them.

BTW, I hit and deer and dropped the bike at ~45mph. Slid on right side. Aero peg took most of the hit. A few moments with a bench grinder and a coat of Krylon (I got the black ones) and they're fully mission capable, not too ugly (consider the source), and back on my new bike.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
My problem with any Kury, is that its not built to last. When I first started riding and doing mods to a bike, I would buy alot of Kury. The selection is huge and it doesnt break the bank. Over time though...when you see things like 'pitting' in some of their products ...or things that dont hold up in some form.....makes you want to look elsewhere. I buy almost nothing Kury anymore. In fact, on the used wing I bought 2 yrs ago, I have been slowly replacing anything Kury on it. Thank goodness for these forums that you can usually find an alternative to the 'norms'

·
Registered
4,920 Posts
Bought a used wing about 2 yrs ago and have been slowly changing things out to my riding needs.

One of the things that is currently on the bike is Kury highway pegs. HOnestly, I dont know how the previous rider could even like them. I have moved them around....adjusted..readjusted....and they never quite 'meet up' to my riding comfort.

I want to change them out.

I have read a lot about Mick o Pegs and I am leaning towards getting a set of those.

So beyond Kury....and I think Rivco........and the mentioned Mick O Pegs.....any other options out there that ppl like?
Mico pegs is the ONLY way to go especially if you ride long distances. I would not have a bike without them. You can stand up on them and relieve your sore but while going down the highway.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Mico pegs is the ONLY way to go especially if you ride long distances. I would not have a bike without them. You can stand up on them and relieve your sore but while going down the highway.
I like to hear that for we got a big ole trip hopefully happening in August and I need some relief

·
Registered
37 Posts
I also removed the Kury pegs when I bought my 08. They were in bad shape and I couldn't reach them. Since I have short legs I hang them down and back to lean forward and change position. Haven't thought about getting any more.

·
Registered
470 Posts
I had MOP's on my F6B and now on my 2018. Neither pair are sturdy enough to Stand On but plenty sturdy to support your feet & legs when stretching out.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts