GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Grumpy Fart
5,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, it's minus negative two below right now.

I'm just closing things up after a bunch of work and I am checking the turn signals out before I put the shelter back on.

So....I gotta go ride it outside to find if it cancels huh?

·
Squating Member
7,058 Posts
I believe distance cancels the turn signals and not time...never had one cancel sitting at a light or stopped....just guessing here...so yeah the i/bike would have to be moving or at least the wheels ( as if the bike was on a lift)

·
Registered
216 Posts
The canceller (sp) is located at the bottom of the steering stem. Not sure if time or distance would be a factor.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
No, it's minus negative two below right now.

I'm just closing things up after a bunch of work and I am checking the turn signals out before I put the shelter back on.

So....I gotta go ride it outside to find if it cancels huh?
The turn signals will NOT cancel by just turning the steering from stop-to-stop sitting in the garage.

btw - you need to move North..........it's 75 and sunny here in White Bear Lake. :thumbup:

·
Registered
50 Posts
Your turn signals will go forever if you have the bike in nuetral or in gear with the clutch pulled in. If your in gear with clutch engaged the turn signal goes about 7 seconds, thats been my experience, yours may vary

·
Registered
4,635 Posts
The turn signal cancel on an 03 and I believe on all GW's is a factor of time and distance. If you are not moving, it will not cancel. If you are moving, it will cancel at a logarithmic rate predetermined by the algorithmic formula set in the system at the factory, determined by the speed you are going.:shrug:

·
Vendor
21,411 Posts
The turn signals will NOT cancel by just turning the steering from stop-to-stop sitting in the garage.

btw - you need to move North..........it's 75 and sunny here in White Bear Lake. :thumbup:
Correct. There is a speedometer input to the turn signal cancel unit. It is designed this way so if you are sitting at a stop light and move the handlebars, you turn signals won't shut off accidentally. You have to be moving before they will cancel.

·
Grumpy Fart
5,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the fast comebacks.

I checked it out in running in gear. After I shut if off, I thought what the heck and threw the seat on and went for a 2 hour sitting on the lift in the shop ride.

Better than no ride I guess. The scenery was boring.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts