GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend Ernie has a GL1500 and his trunk won't open. I told him that I would make a post on this board to see if any of you guys can help him with his problem. He was working today hooking up a wiring harnes to pull a trailer and had the inside panels of the trunk off to get to the wires for the tail lights. After completing the task he shut the lid and now the darn thing won't open. He says that the latch handle under the trunk feels like it is still hooked up, as before. And that the key seems to lock and unlock, as before. Does anyone have a suggestion about how to solve this problem that I can pass on to Ernie?

·
Registered
20,987 Posts
common problem,when Ernie had the inside panel off a little plastic flipper thing fliped out of place. Later model 1500's this problem was prevented by a simple redesign to prevent the flipper from falling out of place. You can open the trunk with a stiff wire with a hook on the end, just reach up from the bottom outside next to the release lever and hook the bar and pull down. Once this has happened to you it will likely never happen again because you will know what not to do, guess how I know.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts