GL1800Riders Forums banner

Is this a fair price?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put a deposit on a 2015 Honda Goldwing F6B (Blue) with under 5,000 miles. The listed price is $12,995 and I am asking them to replace the original tires at their cost. Is that a fair price? I am in Pennsylvania.

·
Registered
400 Posts
In the current environment an in Pa that is a decent price. I have been looking for a bike for a friend and the prices are all higher.

·
Registered
7,187 Posts
I would say that $12,900 is a very fair price for a 2015 (actually quite cheap) w/ under 5000 miles

Ronnie

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Sounds like you are no longer looking but actually bought it. Congratulations.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome to the forum. Sounds like you are no longer looking but actually bought it. Congratulations.
Thank you. I placed a deposit on it. The bank says it’s value is $11,800 but they could be lowballing. Figured people here would know best.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Thank you. I placed a deposit on it. The bank says it’s value is $11,800 but they could be lowballing. Figured people here would know best.
The bank is likely quoting you the "loan value" which assume you are making a cash payment to Seller in addition to the amount borrowed. That's a good/fair price for the F6B especially given the ridiculously low mileage. Tires are worth $500.00 - $600.00 easy. Congrats. Ride safe, take a class (or two), and please, ATGATT.

·
Registered
7,187 Posts
Readwing does not speak with fork'd tongue, he's correct about "loan value", and yes take a class, you'll be amazed on what you learn, and ATGATT for sure............

Ronnie

·
Registered
80 Posts
Push in the direction you want to turn,strange but true!

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
What to look for?

It's a Goldwing. Look for two wheels, one front and one back, and two handlebars, one left and one right.

If it has all of those things, it's good to go for a few hundred thousand miles.

;) :ROFLMAO:

No, seriously. Welcome to the club. We have jackets and everything.

·
Registered
188 Posts
It looks as if its a F6B "standard" - maybe get them to throw in a center stand?
The price seems a little high....but prices have surged this year and what was fair $ last year is more this year. Miles are crazy low so make sure you check all fluids closely - especially the rear drive. Its a beauty...love that blue!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
They came back and said that the tires (6 years old) still have half life left are in great shape. They offered to discount the bike from $12,995 by what it would cost me to get them installed. I am waiting to hear back what the numbers are.

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
The tires are aged out, regardless of the tread that's left on them. Shame on them if they're recommending that you ride on them - I'm sure if you brought it in for service in six months they'd recommend swapping them out because of their age.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Great bike, the seat sux, needs a center stand for maintenance. I think it is a little high as well...Offer the 11,800 or is that too late? Then you start buying stuff !!!

·
Registered
97 Posts
My son bought a '13 F6B Deluxe in south eastern PA in late 2019, with only 5K miles on it, for $10,000.

However, prices have gone up dramatically since covid hit.

I also agree that the tires are 6 years old and should be replaced, regardless of the remaining tread.
Tell them you are going to spend close to $1000 (well, $600-800) to get two new tires on it.

I'd offer the banks value of $11,800 and see what happens.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks everyone for the insight. I purchase the bike for $12,995 after scouring the internet for similarly equipped models/years and finding the price to be the same or more. I was able to negotiate with the dealer that they will cover 50% of the labor rate when I install new tires and will sell them to me at their cost. This was written on the bill of sale and is in their service database now as well. I've ridden the bike about 60 miles or so now and it is amazing. They filled it with fuel and added/installed a battery tender for free as well. It is a dream to ride!

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
Motorcycle Bank Loan values and KBB values are not aligned at the moment. When I purchased my 2019 Tour Manual a few weeks ago the bank had a value of $22700. I felt a lot better about paying $19000. In 2018 a new Manual Tour was in the ballpark of $22700 out of the crate. Covid has really shaken the supply and demand issue and prices are showing it. I went by my local non power Honda dealer Saturday and they had a skeleton for new inventory, looked like they were about out of new bikes.

·
Registered
3,218 Posts
Thanks everyone for the insight. I purchase the bike for $12,995 after scouring the internet for similarly equipped models/years and finding the price to be the same or more. I was able to negotiate with the dealer that they will cover 50% of the labor rate when I install new tires and will sell them to me at their cost. This was written on the bill of sale and is in their service database now as well. I've ridden the bike about 60 miles or so now and it is amazing. They filled it with fuel and added/installed a battery tender for free as well. It is a dream to ride!
Now the fun begins ;)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts