·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need help in Macon. GA. truck broke down. 540-645-0600

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
buddy wish I wqas closier I'm here in Ma. but if you look up bartman info there should be some people on his contact info from where your at that might be able to help. good luck

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
I'm about 38 miles North of Atlanta. Wish you were up this way. It's about 3 1/2 hrs. from my place.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
some have responed but very far away ..I did get some numbers to call. need a ride Sat Am from Macon to covington

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
nothing pan out yet

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Milbear, wish I were closer...were you going to Covington, Ky?

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
I sent him several numbers to call around 4:00 from the macon area
but i guess nothing panned out yet.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Milbear, I am going to Perry tomorrow around noon. Then will be coming back to Atlanta around 2-3PM. I know it's not the AM, but let me know if that will work for you.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
no Covington GA to pick up a uhaul

·
Banned
2,290 Posts
did you find any local help.. if not I brought my 2014 gold book into work today

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
did you find any local help.. if not I brought my 2014 gold book into work today
Thank you all that was trying an willing to help. We got home a few hours before the ice storm and snow is suppose to hit. We ended up renting a car to go the 60 some miles to pick up the u haul. That was a problem within itself .. 5 places that rented cars were all rented out and had a problem finding one that we could to. Got the u haul drove back the 60 miles, loaded 5 x 10 utility trailer into the back, with just me and the wife to load it. We had to pick up the back half and lift it so the back wheel would clear the backend to the deck level. Then we had to strap it down so it didn't move. We had to leave the trailer drop gate and two foot of the trailer to hang out the back of the u haul truck and tie down the u haul roll down door to the top rails of our trailer. After that we had to get the PU truck onto the dolly (motor shot) take off the drive shaft, again a real challenge - of course the bolts were rusted and it took about an hour or so the finally get the drive shaft off. Then we took back to rental car, and about 9 pm or so we hit the road. We heard about the coming storm and knew we needed to beat that. So I drove all night and got home with about 28 hours of no sleep (except 1 hour power nap). This was a trip from hell, we had to bury a family member, everything was screwed up right from the start all the way to not having the honor guard show up at the national cemetery to do honors. Breaking down, no u hauls available for two days, the one that cam available was 60 + miles away etc. etc . etc. And we had to spend about 1 k that we didn't have or plain for.

So send sympathy cards and money ......:eek:4: :lol:

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Glad to hear that you got home OK, sorry to hear about all of the trouble.

If you had to do it over again, could you leave the utility trailer hooked up to the pick-up truck while you tow it? I think I've seen that done before...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts