GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HELP! Husband bought a J&M PTT for our 08 Luxury model so that I could talk/answer other riders in our group rides.He was told that there are TWO (2)
wires that need to be connected under the seat but can only locate ONE (1)Others have told him ONE wire? PTT is not working? ANY help would be appreciated.ps. we are in Australia.thanks all. Hubby just told me that all the unit will do at the moment is adjust volume to radio - thats it!!

·
Registered
132 Posts
If I remember correctly you need to hook one up to 12v for power and there is another wire with two plugs that you plug in line under the seat.

·
Registered
529 Posts
....and do ya'll have mic-mutes installed?

·
Registered
529 Posts
Look in the pdf in the previous post..the mic-mutes connect in-between the bikes' Male and Female 6 pin connector on the passenger headset cord.

When installing the J&M, I removed the Female 6 pin plug on the Headset
Lead from the mic-mute, and this is where I connected the Male and Females of the J&M controller.( between the mic-mutes and the passenger
Headset Lead).

The 2 pin connector will be found inside the black boot just foreward of the battery and inboard of the frame.

I found out that the 'rocker switch' on the J&M has to be ON, with light ON, then the PTT will cycle the mic-mutes on and off from the passenger.

Be careful to turn the 'rocker' OFF when you stop the bike. It is a minimal
drain, but anyway...

Also the mic-mute fuse blew out on me and had to replace it. Once done all has worked well.

Good luck...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Look in the pdf in the previous post..the mic-mutes connect in-between the bikes' Male and Female 6 pin connector on the passenger headset cord.

When installing the J&M, I removed the Female 6 pin plug on the Headset
Lead from the mic-mute, and this is where I connected the Male and Females of the J&M controller.( between the mic-mutes and the passenger
Headset Lead).

The 2 pin connector will be found inside the black boot just foreward of the battery and inboard of the frame.

I found out that the 'rocker switch' on the J&M has to be ON, with light ON, then the PTT will cycle the mic-mutes on and off from the passenger.

Be careful to turn the 'rocker' OFF when you stop the bike. It is a minimal
drain, but anyway...

Also the mic-mute fuse blew out on me and had to replace it. Once done all has worked well.

Good luck...
Thanks very much for the explanation and direction....this should help

Niagara...

·
Registered
529 Posts
you're welcome..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts