GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought the yellow, aluminum Sears motorcycle jack.
It's very well constructed, and easier to manuever under the bike without using boards under the tires or kickstand.
My problem is when I start jacking the bike up, the rear is coming up, but the front isn't. I do have Traxxion springs in the front which raises the front up a bit, but I don't think that's the problem.
I've looked at all the pics on this board, and put the jack in the proper location, but the bike always wants to lean forward. The back wheel was at least 7-8 inches off the ground, and the front tire is still on the ground.
If anyone has any ideas as to what is happening, be let me know.
I hope I'm just not having a brain f*rt...and doing something stupid. :oops:
Thanks for taking the time to read this...

Fred

·
Registered
761 Posts
One "arm" goes under the center stand pivot and the other under the crankcase. Not much you can do wrong. My rear tire comes off the ground first also but only a couple of inches I think. Is your lift defective? Can you see it flex when you are jacking the bike up? If you watch the top of the bike (trunk and windshield) are they going up the same even though the front tire is not coming off the ground? I would watch the jack close to see what it is doing. Good luck.

·
Registered
7,616 Posts
Get a helper to hold the bike up and put the jack in from the other side. If the front comes up first, then the jack is sagging.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts