GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all I was installing another kuryakyn accessory to my 2 012 gl1800 airbag model, the led trunk trunk handle and a white led inner trunk light with mercury switch (from a different company) , I remember seeing the led trunk handle light working fine with run/brake function then suddenly after adding the other white led trunk light, that also plugs into small 2 wire spare plug I lost power to its small plug that supplies power to it. It has a red wire and a green wire then it plugs into a black and white wire feeding the led trunk handle..., fuses all appear ok? , I used a tester on the wires on that small plug, no power, I ran a separate power wire from battery to led trunk handle and it lights up....what could be wrong? Thank in advance

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
update... on lost power to trunk

Okay here's what happened I tested the line and it has power on braking. ..because the accessory only lights up on braking...and I plugged quick connect wires into wrong spot of mini male connector...it had a black and a white wire and 3 spots to use, but only 2 are used. ..i accidentally used the outer 2...Instead of the center and one outer....sometimes trial and error makes us better..at least now it's working. And as for the interior led trunk light I got it to work with the toggle switch option instead of the Mercury switch that broke...that's good enough for me as long as I remember to shut it off each time-:)

·
IronMan
17,462 Posts
:thumbup::thumbup:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts