·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just bought a 2015 Honda GL1800. Looking for these add ons:

*Grip upgrade
*Drivers floor boards w/toe & heel shifter & optional pegs
*Fog lights
*Cupholders for front & would prefer a backrest with built in cupholders for rear as well
*Chrome luggage rack
*luggage lid organizer
*Night show lighting kit
*CB Radio

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
pm sent.

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
I'll help. I have 2 lid organizers, one is unused. I'll take of what ever Wingstuff sells them for. For drink holders, Butler Mug. They have front and rear options. I use their 32 OZ mug as a drink holder. Never put anything in to drink. I will drop change in it from the drive through, among other things.

Back rest, Utopia. If you get lucky you can find one on here for $125ish.

Luggage rack: I like the looks of the Kury, but, the round ones are lighter and give you more freedom as to what to put on it, and they are easier to hook bungee cords to.

Heel toe shifters just do not work for me on the Wing. Ankle position is awful.

Enjoy making it your own.

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Agree on the boards and H/T shifter, I read the other intro post about being shorter, and boards do NOT work if you are vertically challenged. At 5’10” myself that 32” Inseam is all used at a stop. Don’t use a back-can’t help, GRIPS- use stock and cover with grip puppies myself. Don’t use a trunk rack. FOG LIGHTS- Electrical connection is very good. CB RADIO-Honda. And your on your own for the parade lighting, very subjective.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Im like a kid on Christmas eve, oh , it's new years and i need to get to work.

Well, enough of that.
I put floorboards on and after some serious issue's with the downshift I resolved the problem. A little lub always does the trick, just makes everything slide in easier.

And friend had a nice set of highway floor pegs, so that solved the leg issue.
Also I bought the Grip Puppies and what a difference. I have them on my VTX1800T TOURING, which is for sale, will be posting that separately, with pictures and proper description, very soon.

Still need rear arm rest with cup holder if wife is to ride.
Fog lights
CB factory Radio and antenna
Recommendations on the above items as well as a quality back rest that will allow passenger to load up without fuss, if that is possible.

Other must have items that I should have.

Thanks for the great ideas thus far.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Still in market for factory CB and antenna.
Also a Kuryakyn Back Rest #8930
Also the Arm Rest for Passengers.
Also Fog Lights, good quality factory, or factory fit.

Also a luggage rack.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts