GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We need to replace the front tire on our trike... like yesterday... and I don't want to spend the time it'll take me to read thru all the "tire threads" (no pun intended) to figure out which one I need to get installed... and what direction to install in... yada yada yada...

So I need a short list of this is what I have... and how many miles... and I'd buy it again...

Thank You Kindly!

·
Registered
326 Posts
tire

MPA, Michelin Pilot Activ, mounted in reverse direction.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
MPA - almost 15,000 miles mounted forward.Would buy again.

MPA - almost 17,000 miles mounted reverse

Metsler Lazertech - 8,000 miles and counting - like it better than MPA

Good luck on pick. Don't think you can go wrong with either.

·
Registered
8,038 Posts
MPA Mounted in Reverse 21K and counting 41 # air

Mounted in either direction is giving fantastic mileage results. Capt Denny has in excess of 27 on his I think.

·
Squating Member
7,058 Posts
if HDL doesn;t have what you need, call

http://ronayers.com/

they can get it to you fast....good prices too.

·
Registered
176 Posts
MPA mounted in reverse rotation...........12K and still going strong

·
Registered
806 Posts
Two MPA's both cupped gonna try something different might be a Bridgestone BT45

·
Registered
254 Posts
MPA, mounted reverse, 36-41, very slight cupping and going strong at 17,000.

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
MPA changed to Metzler Lazertec at 25K. Lazertec has 8K. I like both. Will buy either next time....both reverse rotation @ 41#. No cupping.

·
Squating Member
7,058 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Michelin Pilot Activ (MPA) MotrocycleSuperstore.com About $105 + free shipping A lot of riders on this board went this way!!!
PS Mount in either direction, but I think even Michelin says to mount it in reverse direction.

·
Registered
270 Posts
MotorcycleSuperstore.com now has the MPA 130-70/18 for the front of your trike for $106.99 plus free shipping. 1 to 3 days delivery anywhere in the contiguous 48 states. That deal is hard to beat!!!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The new tire is on order (from Motorcycle Super Store) and will be here Friday. Thanks Everybody!

·
Registered
270 Posts
Hey Bambi, Now don't forget that after the MPA is installed on your trike you will very likely experience a "buzz" with the tire not only in feel but sound. This "buzz" should disapate in about 500 to 1000 miles. I have just over 2000 miles on my MPA and still feel a very, very slight "buzz" but the "buzz sound" is gone. It is still a great tire, so enjoy the many miles of service you will get from it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts