GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need a little help. I just bought the Drift Ghost S action cam and recorded 45 minutes of video at 1080p 30.
Just to find out my vista computer can't handle it (Super slow). The only program I found that doesn't crash all the time is VSDC video editor
I edited the video down to 19 minutes and it saves at 3 to 4 fps (ouch) The facts HP Pavillion intel duo core 1.5 ghz 2G ram 32 bit os.
I'm looking at Toshiba Qosmio with 7200 rpm hd and 12 to 16 ram. Would this do the trick? How much faster would it be? Any other suggestions in the $1000 to $1500 range?

Thanks
Ken

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
If you find a computer that can edit large video's quickly that does not cost over $400 let me know. I have an HP I3 with 8gig memory and it is still too slow.

·
Registered
7,797 Posts
In addition to a very fast processor, lots of RAM, a large capacity hard drive and large power supply, the quality of your graphics (video) card has as much to do with it as the computer. Look at the Nvidia GeForce line of graphics cards and choose the one that best meets your needs and price range. These can be pricy and some have large power requirements and need dual slots. Make sure your system can handle them.

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
Jim, (Wingleader09)
Thanks for your trying to help me with fitting the HDL website onto my computer. I honestly don't think my computer is the problem. Everything all the other web pages) seem to fit just fine. I discovered the links that everyone was getting so discussed with me over were 'off the page'.
I find just staying away from HDL solved the problem. Everything else fits.
thecruiser

·
IronMan
17,529 Posts
i have 1080 camera load card in laptop n download ! can watch it fine - just cant mail it ! to big it says ! so your saying you cant watch what you recorded ?

·
IronMan
17,529 Posts
reread !!!1:bow:trying to edit it !

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
UncleJohn
yes trying to edit and save to disc. 2 plus hours to save 19 minutes of video is crazy. The computer actually asked if I wanted it to shut down after complete LOL. I should receive my new macbook pro tomorrow. Fingers crossed I didn't waste a lot of money.

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
UncleJohn
yes trying to edit and save to disc. 2 plus hours to save 19 minutes of video is crazy. The computer actually asked if I wanted it to shut down after complete LOL. I should receive my new macbook pro tomorrow. Fingers crossed I didn't waste a lot of money.
I use a Macbook Pro and the free iMovie software to edit my videos. It still takes a while.

One thing, if you use Time Machine, which is a back up utility on the Mac, make sure you turn Time Machine off when rendering a video in iMovie. Somehow, when Time machine is active, but not actually doing anything, it has tabs on a file that iMovie uses. iMovie will get right to the end of rendering a video and then fail with a file in use message.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I use a Macbook Pro and the free iMovie software to edit my videos. It still takes a while.

One thing, if you use Time Machine, which is a back up utility on the Mac, make sure you turn Time Machine off when rendering a video in iMovie. Somehow, when Time machine is active, but not actually doing anything, it has tabs on a file that iMovie uses. iMovie will get right to the end of rendering a video and then fail with a file in use message.
Thanks for the advise. I bought the same one the Mac rep has. He said it takes about 15 minutes to save a file that size. The store salesman was pushing me to the next one up and said it would save the same file in a couple of minutes. I hope the Mac rep was correct.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts