GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Several years ago while on our way home from a trip to Oklahoma, we usedour GPS to find a campground on the south side of Kansas City. I am not sure ifit was in Kansas or Missouri. The best I can remember we were traveling eastboundand turned to the right off on an exit just as I-435 turns back to the east.
We drove south on a 2 lane highway for a few miles in arural area. We then turned left off the highway and went down a gravel roadand up a small hill. As we made a sharp turn to the right into the campgroundthere was a small pond. On the east side of the campground there was fairlybusy road.
I have checked my new GPS, Garmin City Navigator2014 and searcheson Google, but have never found the campground again.
Does this sound familiar to anyone?
Thanks,
Nemike

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Sounds like this is the place you are looking for but I am not certain as I have never been there. I just did a search on Google maps and followed your directions.

Springdale Lake
5 Springdale Drive
Belton, MO 64012

http://goo.gl/maps/5BveO

(816) 331-4952

·
Registered
718 Posts
Several years ago while on our way home from a trip to Oklahoma, we usedour GPS to find a campground on the south side of Kansas City. I am not sure ifit was in Kansas or Missouri. The best I can remember we were traveling eastboundand turned to the right off on an exit just as I-435 turns back to the east.
We drove south on a 2 lane highway for a few miles in arural area. We then turned left off the highway and went down a gravel roadand up a small hill. As we made a sharp turn to the right into the campgroundthere was a small pond. On the east side of the campground there was fairlybusy road.
I have checked my new GPS, Garmin City Navigator2014 and searcheson Google, but have never found the campground again.
Does this sound familiar to anyone?
Thanks,
Nemike
this sounds like you were coming down I-29 the took I-435 past the race track and turned west at K-10 in Olathe. I live right there in that area but am not sure what campground that would be? Are you looking at stopping at that campground again on a trip? the area has really built up in the last few years, when was it you stayed there.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Always wanted to go to Kansas City. Hear they have some "crazy little women there"!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts