GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks to the great advice on this board, on my 2006 comfort/nav/audio, I got the CB antenna installed. I got the dash panel off and the top shelter off. The CB is all installed and wired EXCEPT for the inline filter for the right side of the bike. I cannot find anywhere to plug it in ???? :shock:

The fuel pump filter was obvious as it is right on top of the pump under the seat.

The left side filter I had to dig a little to find as it was down behind the fairing heat outlet. As seen here. The instructions said that it was a black plug on the left side and there is a black plug just behind the one in the picture, BUT it was not plugged into anything. I went ahead and put the filter in the white plug as it was the only 2 prong plug I could find on the left side.

There was already a filter up on top between the two radio plugs as seen here.

I still have one of these to install somewhere on the right side?

Here is a picture of the right side. If anyone can tell me where to dig to find this two pin connector to put the filter in I would appreciate it.

I went ahead and turned the cruise control adjustment out three turns while I was in here and we shall see what happens on that. :shock:

I am getting to be a wee expert on this 2006 model. :lol:

Thanks in advance.
Marc

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Bartman.

I had looked at that before and also found another one. It looks like maybe it is burried in a big wad of wires down deep. I will go out and tear apart thing more and see if I can find it. The wiring loom and the plug colors on my bike don't seem to match any of the instructions but we shall muddle through.

Thank again.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I found it YEA! :D I had to remove the right heater vent duct and it was in a bundle of wires buried under that piece. Now it is all putting back together and hoping I did not FUBAR anything.

THANKS All.

Marc

1 - 4 of 4 Posts