GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just purchased a pristine 2002 Goldwing with 9,100 miles, clean and not a scratch. Everything works on it. My third Wing. Had a '75 and an '82 and after 25 years of not riding, I'm back.

The bike is Stream Silver Metallic. Looks Chanpaigne to me, but the Color Code number says it the Stream Silver Metalic, so be it. Got 3 colormatched Shoei Goldwing helmets with headsets in the deal as the owner had a child that rode with him some. But the helmets are XL, L and Small. My wife and I both wear a large. I have looked all over the net for this color in all the helmet places.

So my question to the learned here, is... does anyone have or know of a place that I could get one of the Shoei helmets to match this color. Guess if not I'll have to get two matching ones and transfer the headsets.

Just for the info, I started back riding a little over 11 months ago and bought a 2006 Kawasaki Nomad 1600. Loaded it down with goodies and at 11 1/2 months old it has 17,400 + miles so I haven't been sitting still much. The Wings ride and handleing is unreal. What an improvement from the '82.

Thanks for your time and help.

Tommy

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Tommy,
Welcome to to the zoo! Good luck on your search for a color matched helmet. It would be much easier if your bike was a bit newer. You might have to settle on a color that is either close or complementary.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Well Id say get a helmet you like first and then go from there...don't settle for a helmet just based on color.

My wife and I did some research and like the HJC Symax helmets. They dont come in blue though. So, we ended up getting black helmets. They work just fine and if we want...Im sure someone at a local body shop or custom advertising place or whatever can paint it for a charge.

Reactions: Ratster

·
Registered
999 Posts
Color matched helmets? I'd never do that again. White and Black go with any color bike.
You may be riding another color bike this time next year. Personally, I'd go with the helmet that fits you best, in white
Also, from experience, trying a helmet on in the showroom and thinking it fits fine is an "IFFY" thing. 2 hours down the road you have a headache from a pressure point on your forehead.
Take your time. It's a big investment and you want to get it right.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Colormatch helmets

Guys, thanks for the replies and good info all around. Looking around in here, we are 'broke out' with helmets. The three colormatch from the GL1800 purchase and the dealer gave me a Cyber 'el cheapo' with the 2006 Nomad I've been riding. Then I got a Shoei St. Cruz shorty and then the Nolan N102 flip up that I've been wearing. Also got an HJC for the wife. All of these last noted ones in black to go with the black Nomad.

But here in the deep south it's 98° at 8pm in the evening this time of year and will get hotter in August and a days ride in a black helmet is something that gets to be almost too much.

So I think I'm going to take the last couple of suggestions and just get a couple of nice Shoei open faced in Silver Metalic and then transfer the Honda headsets over to them. The metallic siver should be a better reflector of heat and so I'll end up with a closet full of helmets, but you only live twice.

Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
I bought a new Shoei RJ Air in box off ebay. Was Hondaline Helmet. says Goldwing on each side. Matches my 02 silver perfect.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just purchased a pristine 2002 Goldwing with 9,100 miles, clean and not a scratch. Everything works on it. My third Wing. Had a '75 and an '82 and after 25 years of not riding, I'm back.

The bike is Stream Silver Metallic. Looks Chanpaigne to me, but the Color Code number says it the Stream Silver Metalic, so be it. Got 3 colormatched Shoei Goldwing helmets with headsets in the deal as the owner had a child that rode with him some. But the helmets are XL, L and Small. My wife and I both wear a large. I have looked all over the net for this color in all the helmet places.

So my question to the learned here, is... does anyone have or know of a place that I could get one of the Shoei helmets to match this color. Guess if not I'll have to get two matching ones and transfer the headsets.

Just for the info, I started back riding a little over 11 months ago and bought a 2006 Kawasaki Nomad 1600. Loaded it down with goodies and at 11 1/2 months old it has 17,400 + miles so I haven't been sitting still much. The Wings ride and handleing is unreal. What an improvement from the '82.

Tommy

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey, Tommy.

If they're in really good condition, you wouldn't by any chance want to be selling the S, L and XL Stream Silver Metallic helmets you speak of in your post? Would pay a fair price but need ASAP. If so, please call Michael at 925.984.0350. Thanks, Tommy.

Tommy
Hey Tommy,

1 - 9 of 9 Posts