GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Morning

I know you guys are experts in fabricating parts. I've found on my 1984 Travelite that anything plastic after that many years becomes brittle and breaks. I did fabricate one piece and it worked like a charm.

I had one other piece break recently and I'm at a loss how to fabricate something to replace or fix it. Any suggestions? Here are some pics:

This first one is how the original looks at the back:

This is how the original piece looks where the problem will be:

This last picture is the broke one..notice how one prong is broke off where the bolt goes through it:

Again any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Check out some boat supply places. They use similar fittings of different sizes for the awnings and covers...

·
Registered
8,038 Posts
Check out some boat supply places. They use similar fittings of different sizes for the awnings and covers...

Hard to tell actual size of poles, but, looks just like the pieces used on boat bambini top poles...check a marine supplier ?

:agree: Yeppers!! check with a boat repair place. maybe take one with you, and get a replacement for all of them on the camper if you can. Start fresh that way....

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You guys are awsome. I typed in Bimini Accessories and the first site that popped up was Bass Pro Shop. Looked in there and found the exact thing I needed. I headed to my local Bass Pro Shop which is about 20 minutes from my house and not only did they have that part but they also had the other part I repaired with JB Weld. I picked up a couple of those just in case plus the broke one plus another one just in case.

I knew you guys would come through and I really appreciate it. Other than these minor things breaking my Travelite has been great...If it would just cool off some so that I can use it.

Thanks again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts