GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I placed an order for some things through HDL yesterday and used Paypal as my payment method to reduce my balance there. Today I ordered some more things and used my credit card. Immediately afterwards I got an email confirmation of my order.

Now, of course, I'm concerned and under the gun timewise if my first order wasn't processed properly. It appeared to go through just fine and I had a page pop up telling me so but no confirmation email. Has anyone else had this experience when paying with Paypal.?

I don't want to reorder and get double shipments but I also don't want to miss the sale and end up having to call Hal, etc., as I know he has plenty going on. Is that a difference between payment choices or should I reorder in the next couple hours?

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
I would go back to paypal, without using hyperlinks, and re-sign in. Go to history, and it should tell you if the payment went through. Your balance should be less by the same amount, also. If both things didn't happen, something went wrong. I guess you could always return them after the sale if you do end up double ordering, worse come to worse. Or you could just mail the extra to me? lol. I just thought of one other thing to check....check your junk mail box if you have one. Norton has on occasion routed HDL mail there for some reason.

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I checked twice yesterday and there was nothing there but it showed up when I just checked. Thanks! :D

·
Registered
59 Posts
If I remember right, I did not get any confirmation from my PayPal purchase, but if you log onto your PayPal account, you will see the transaction and if it went through or not.

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
I think (OH oh :?: :?: :shock: ) you dont get confirmation until someone at hals opens it??........MAYBEE..chuck

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ironically, I just got an email from Paypal telling me that I should pay HDL (even though my account there shows that I already have). :? Must have something to do with the holiday weekend. I think I'll just call HDL tomorrow and make certain they've gotten their money already. I should have know that anything involving Ebay would have problems, right? :roll:

·
Registered
21,092 Posts
i got an email notification from HDL shortly after placing my order yesterday using paypal

a few hours later i got a paypal money request from Hal, so i sent the money

a few minutes later i got a reciept for the payment from paypal, so far all looks good to me

Gary i think u may have misinterpeted your paypal statement, my paypal account shows 2 things, one the bill for placing the order with HDL and one for sending the money to HDL

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
Call them. I always call any place I order online from for one, to make sure the order was placed and they have all my information, and two, to find out if everything is in stock or on backorder. Although last time I did this with HDL I was told everything was in stock, then when I received my order one of the items was actually on backorder. So there is still no guarentee that a call will work for the in stock part, but you will at least know if your order is placed.

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
cycledude said:
i got an email notification from HDL shortly after placing my order yesterday using paypal

a few hours later i got a paypal money request from Hal, so i sent the money

a few minutes later i got a reciept for the payment from paypal, so far all looks good to me

Gary i think u may have misinterpeted your paypal statement, my paypal account shows 2 things, one the bill for placing the order with HDL and one for sending the money to HDL
I think I've finally got it figured out. Although I didn't get the email notification that you mentioned first, I did get the 'money request' you described. Amazingly, though, that 'money request' was a full day after I placed my order.

I just re-checked my Paypal account. You were right about my statement. I had simply glanced at it yesterday and saw "HDL" and the amount listed so thought I was done. Like they say in the NFL, "Upon further review..." I see that it merely listed it as an opportunity to click and send the proper amount. I did that and now have my Paypal receipt.

All I can assume is that between the flooding problems HDL has had with their phone (and, quite possibly, computer) connections combined with my anxiety over getting verification of my second order but not my first one along with the vagueries of Paypal notifications being sent over a holiday weekend this whole process didn't go as seemlessly as it might have midweek. Nonetheless, I think I'm all set now unless there's some problem with the payment not arriving during the sale hours even though the order did. I wouldn't think something like that would be an issue, though.

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
FUSE said:
Call them. I always call any place I order online from for one, to make sure the order was placed and they have all my information, and two, to find out if everything is in stock or on backorder. Although last time I did this with HDL I was told everything was in stock, then when I received my order one of the items was actually on backorder. So there is still no guarentee that a call will work for the in stock part, but you will at least know if your order is placed.
Calling them would have probably been the simple solution but, unfortunately, with the flooding around them now their phone system is down so that's not an option. If you read my post immediately above this one you'll see that I think it's handled now.

As to calling to confirm inventory, that's a good idea but with more than one person taking orders it can still be less than a total guarantee of your order being filled from stock. While you're talking to one guy and he confirms that what you need is in stock the guy I'm talking with may be clicking in my order for the last ones. Your order comes up empty then even though just seconds before you were ordering something that was "in stock." I don't know that I've been on the wrong end of that with HDL, but I do know it's happened to me in the past with ordering items.

·
Registered
21,092 Posts
calling HDL is a good idea if u have a problem and feel its necessary but a big part of the reason the sales are always held while the office is closed is to cut costs so they can pass the savings on to us, calling them adds to their costs

G

·
Gary in Indiana said:
FUSE said:
Calling them would have probably been the simple solution but, unfortunately, with the flooding around them now their phone system is down so that's not an option. If you read my post immediately above this one you'll see that I think it's handled now.

As to calling to confirm inventory, that's a good idea but with more than one person taking orders it can still be less than a total guarantee of your order being filled from stock. While you're talking to one guy and he confirms that what you need is in stock the guy I'm talking with may be clicking in my order for the last ones. Your order comes up empty then even though just seconds before you were ordering something that was "in stock." I don't know that I've been on the wrong end of that with HDL, but I do know it's happened to me in the past with ordering items.
Send me a note so that I can check the order.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Just a PayPal Thought

I cut PayPal loose several months ago. They had a breech of security and my personal information (credit card only) was compromised.
Not sure if your incident is connected to min experience but it is something to ponder.

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hal @ Honda Direct Line said:
Send me a note so that I can check the order.
I sent a note to you at your personal email address you listed. Thanks! :D

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Has anyone else been sent the bill from paypal without the 10% discount being deducted?

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
MotorcycleBoy said:
Has anyone else been sent the bill from paypal without the 10% discount being deducted?
Mine had the 10% discount figured in. :D

Did you remember to include the coupon code that was required to get the 10% discount? Your discount should have shown during your checkout procedure after you entered the coupon code and hit the button to recalculate BEFORE you went to the 'Pay with Paypal' button.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts