GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a holdover 2106 goldwing audio/comfort nav,,,on 4/1319,,,, The wheels have never held solid psi since day 1. 6 times to the dealership,,, new dunlops, at my expense,,,,new tpms sensors and valve stems,,,, rode approx 380mls since last pick up,,,, 3lbs down all day,,, now 6lbs down in front. Bike has been doing this since i bought it. Dealer says rims are fine,,, but its the only thing left to try. Says getting honmda to cover it will be a "tough sell". I want to just buy a dang wheel assembly and be done. OEM parts place has like 9 different listings for 2016 goldwings,,,, think i am GL1800 4AC but not sure,,, HELP plz,,,, thanks

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Just order yourself a set of chrome rims. Do the upgrade (I think it is an exchange).

·
Vendor
17,815 Posts
It is possible for a wheel to leak for various reasons. I'd recommend that you get one of those Tupperware containers that some will use to store books or sweaters in, fill it with water, put your tire in it, and find your leak. If you get the correct container, you may not even have to remove the tire. Slowly rotate the tire and find your leak. Sometime various air pressures are needed. Be sure to go to NAPA and purchase a tire crayon, and then draw a line across the tread ... that is your starting point. Then put 45psi in the tire, and if no leak can be found, check it with 20psi. Be patient and watch for an air bubble while slowly rotating the tire. Once you locate your leak, be sure to mark it with your crayon, and if indeed it is a wheel, and if there is no evidence of wheel damage, have Honda warrantee it.

As for ordering in wheels. If you look at the parts fish for all GL1800s, except for the F6b, the front wheel has the same part number. The F6b is identified by GL1800B.

https://www.mrcycles.com/oemparts/c/honda_motorcycle_2016/parts

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
If you’re within the warranty period I’d drop it at the dealership and tell them to replace anything/everything that doesn’t hold air! That’s outrageous.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts