GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I will be riding our Wing this August from Winnipeg Manitoba in Canada through ND, SD, then we are not sure what our best route should be to Las Vegas. We want to go through UT and Zion Nat park. Any suggestions we would like to stay off the big interstates as much as possible and see the real America. My wife and I would love to see as much wildlife and scenery as possible. Thanks. :yes1:

·
Registered
721 Posts
My wife and I will be riding our Wing this August from Winnipeg Manitoba in Canada through ND, SD, then we are not sure what our best route should be to Las Vegas. We want to go through UT and Zion Nat park. Any suggestions we would like to stay off the big interstates as much as possible and see the real America. My wife and I would love to see as much wildlife and scenery as possible. Thanks. :yes1:
Pooch is the official Utah tour guide, he knows all and will be your best source for information on traveling Utah....

·
Registered
7,914 Posts
Pooch is the official Utah tour guide, he knows all and will be your best source for information on traveling Utah....
Yep, Pooch is Da Man!! for UT info. Oh where oh where are you Pooch?

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
In addition to Zion I would try to go to Bryce National Park on my way and then slip over to Zion and then if time permits go to the north rim of the Grand Canyon. The ride from Zion to the North Rim is a great ride.

·
Registered
5,691 Posts
PM Sent

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Pooch

Got your PM Pooch, I am in the process of figuring out the best route within my time line. Thank you very much.:thumbup:
Now if the weather would only cooperate, I'm getting sick of this snow and cold.
Thanks
Rob:yes1:

·
Registered
611 Posts
I would also be interested in your info. Dropping off the women in Kremmling 6/14 then looks like headed to Utah. Any ideas would be great. Just have to be back to pick up th women 6/21. Also thought about the four corners area.
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
We just got back from doing the Colorado and Utah portions of this trip last week. We also ride the Black Hills four or five times a season. There are thousands of options, but this is a suggestion...

Don't know your time frames or how much you like to wander, but I would get through ND ASAP and head to the Black Hills. (after riding Needles, Iron Mountain Rd and the Wildlife Loop. If you have more time, PM me and I will give you a couple of other rides that are off the beaten path) when done here, head down through Chadron, Scottsbluff and then over to I25 as far as Loveland, CO and then head west through town and pick up Thompson Canyon up to and through Rocky Mountain National Park. Catch 40 over to I-70 west to Hwy 6, up and over the pass there to Frisco. Take the back way around the lake which I believe is Hwy 9. Catch I-70 again west to 91 south to 24 to 50 west through Gunnison to Montrose. (Take a small route 92 up through Delta if you like and have the time) then take the 550 Million Dollar Hwy to Durango and across to Mesa Verde (take some time and do some hiking if you are so inclined) then into Blanding. Moab, Arches, Canyonlands, Bryce are all accessible from here, or you can head south to the Grand Canyon and catch the Utah parks on the return.

·
Registered
611 Posts
We just got back from doing the Colorado and Utah portions of this trip last week. We also ride the Black Hills four or five times a season. There are thousands of options, but this is a suggestion...

Don't know your time frames or how much you like to wander, but I would get through ND ASAP and head to the Black Hills. (after riding Needles, Iron Mountain Rd and the Wildlife Loop. If you have more time, PM me and I will give you a couple of other rides that are off the beaten path) when done here, head down through Chadron, Scottsbluff and then over to I25 as far as Loveland, CO and then head west through town and pick up Thompson Canyon up to and through Rocky Mountain National Park. Catch 40 over to I-70 west to Hwy 6, up and over the pass there to Frisco. Take the back way around the lake which I believe is Hwy 9. Catch I-70 again west to 91 south to 24 to 50 west through Gunnison to Montrose. (Take a small route 92 up through Delta if you like and have the time) then take the 550 Million Dollar Hwy to Durango and across to Mesa Verde (take some time and do some hiking if you are so inclined) then into Blanding. Moab, Arches, Canyonlands, Bryce are all accessible from here, or you can head south to the Grand Canyon and catch the Utah parks on the return.
Only need to be back in Kremmling the 21st to pick up the women. Anything in between is wide open. Already seen the black hills , so guessing head right to utah and take back roads as much as possible

·
Registered
5,691 Posts
Only need to be back in Kremmling the 21st to pick up the women. Anything in between is wide open. Already seen the black hills , so guessing head right to utah and take back roads as much as possible

PM sent.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts