GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am puting her away for winter. Does the tupperware pull off with out a hitch ( stright out from the bike ) ? I've got a Battery Tender for her . Thanks

·
Registered
106 Posts
Yes, the side cover pulls off but start from the bottom since top of the cover is under the seat.

G

·
Once you have the cover off, permanently attach the wire that came with your Battery Tender that has the ring connectors on one end and the rubber quick connector plug on the other end to the battery terminals, and position the plug so you can reach it through the vent opening behind the battery. Then you can plug in your battery tender without having to pull off the tupperware panel everytime you want to hook up the charger.

Be sure you get the polarity correct !. If you don't, the Battery Tender will tell you so.

No need to remove the battery from the bike for storage as long as you have power near the bike to plug in the charger. Even if it is very cold where you store the bike, the battery tender will keep your battery up just fine.

Ride safe.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks everyone ...It snowed yesterday. I have the wing "tenderizing" thanks to Batt. Tender Plus .........

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
When reinstalling the cover(s), put a litle lube on the rubber grommets.

If you're in the middle of nowhere and you just need to get the cover back on, securely, you can spit on your finger and then apply to the grommets. I have used spray wax. Silicone spray is probably the best.

Some have gotten the very small zipties and attached the grommets to the bike. You don't really want to loose a grommet while on the road.

·
Registered
761 Posts
2wing said:
Thanks everyone ...It snowed yesterday. I have the wing "tenderizing" thanks to Batt. Tender Plus .........
I think your jumping the gun. We have at least a month of good riding weather here in MN. This weekend is supposed to be back up in the 50's. :D

·
Legend in His Own Mind
4,671 Posts
richard h said:
When reinstalling the cover(s), put a litle lube on the rubber grommets.

If you're in the middle of nowhere and you just need to get the cover back on, securely, you can spit on your finger and then apply to the grommets. I have used spray wax. Silicone spray is probably the best.

Some have gotten the very small zipties and attached the grommets to the bike. You don't really want to loose a grommet while on the road.
Hey 2 wing,
Just work the side cover out gently and check your grommets for proper alignment before reinstalling it. Richard H. makes a good point here, they will definitely push out and be lost if not lubricated. And having no rattles is a good thing. T.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts