GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I were going through Alabama and picked up a 1/2 inch bolt in the rear tire. I’m running a Bridgestone Driveguard with Ride-on balancing gel, but the hole was so large it didn’t help.

We got it patched using two sticky ropes, and made it to Paris TN, it seems to be holding, but we have about 5K more to go on our trip and I’m hesitant to do that long on a patched tire.

Does anyone have any idea where I can get a new Driveguard (or other run flat) mounted or ideas on other alternatives? I contacted a dealer in Champaign for a regular tire and he doesn’t have any available appointments until Tuesday. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
GL1800 Doctor
20,377 Posts
My wife and I were going through Alabama and picked up a 1/2 inch bolt in the rear tire. I’m running a Bridgestone Driveguard with Ride-on balancing gel, but the hole was so large it didn’t help.

We got it patched using two sticky ropes, and made it to Paris TN, it seems to be holding, but we have about 5K more to go on our trip and I’m hesitant to do that long on a patched tire.

Does anyone have any idea where I can get a new Driveguard (or other run flat) mounted or ideas on other alternatives? I contacted a dealer in Champaign for a regular tire and he doesn’t have any available appointments until Tuesday. Thanks.

There’s a tire place in Paris called Joe and Jerry’s Car Care that list your tire. They open at 7am #(731)642-0143

I don’t have any experience with this business, so tread lightly. Just found them on the WWW.

If you do a search for tire places in Paris, there’s many. Good luck and stay safe.

·
IronMan
17,639 Posts
In arkansas i got a driveguard at a firestone store took wheel off and took it in just in case . Told him was for my trailer ( custom ) left side . Good luck

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I tried Joe and Jerry’s this morning, they didn’t have any run flats in stock. I think we’ll try to make it my daughter’s house in Cham. It’ll be easier as it’s a bigger town than most in western IL.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Depending on haw far west you are Peoria and Galesburg might have places to help you out.

·
GL1800 Doctor
20,377 Posts
I tried Joe and Jerry’s this morning, they didn’t have any run flats in stock. I think we’ll try to make it my daughter’s house in Cham. It’ll be easier as it’s a bigger town than most in western IL.

Well shoot! :frown2: Hope you can make it there and find one.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Made to my daughter’s house in Champaign and ordered a Driveguard from Tires Plus. I’m going to get it mounted tomorrow.

Are there any forum members near Champaign with a motorcycle jack or lift so I can pull the rim? If so, please PM me.

Thanks for everyone’s help.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts