GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

81 - 84 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
I have had the Russell the saddleman the Ultimate and currently the Hartco so as you see I have spent a ton of money on these aftermarket "custom made"seats and I can honestly that my ass still hurts before a couple of hours on any of them. Sheepskin has helped the most when added to the seat...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hey Ballbuster, I'd be curious to know what you liked and didn't like about each seat. I'm currently considering the Ultimate Seat but also have interest in the Saddlemen. Care to elaborate?

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
I believe it isn't about firmness or softness but spreading the weight over a greater surface. I am pleased with my Corbin seat. I like it better than the original seat, which was horrible when new. Over time the Honda seat improved - I was able to ride 1485 miles on the original seat in 22 hours. I felt fine until the following three days. I was crippled.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Hey Ballbuster, I'd be curious to know what you liked and didn't like about each seat. I'm currently considering the Ultimate Seat but also have interest in the Saddlemen. Care to elaborate?
I just may have a Tender Ass as far as I know... Ultimate would not break in, remained Hard, the Saddleman moved me up closer to the Tank instead of moving me back. Not a good feeling. The Russell and the Hartco both were firm but to wide for me but for riding I did like the Hartco best of all. The real problem is with me I believe and my body shape. Tall Big Long body and as my wife says from the waist down I have nothing lol. The OEM seat while uncomfortable to ride any distance over 1 hours fits me pretty good. Sheepskins did help on all seats.

81 - 84 of 84 Posts