GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need help guys I washed my 05 wing today with a garden hose just like always wiped everything down got on to go for a ride and looked down and the spedo had quit. I went about 2 miles and the F1 light came on so I rode it back and put it in the garage it has 19,000 miles any ideas? Please!

Thanks Oilman

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
No speedometer.....

I had that occur once, same conditions, immediately after its bath. I have a yellow box sitting in front of the right faring pocket and it ended up getting water on the plug. My first thought was a wire came loose, but only found water. I remembered that I had some die-electric grease and put a bunch in the plug (after it air dried) and I never had that problem again. The speed sensor plug is just under the right chrome engine cover and side of top shelter. It could be that this plug got a bit soaked. It is fairly easy to check out the pulses from that plug. If you have a yellow box, you can use its diagnostics to verify a signal getting to the speedometer and that pulses are coming from the sensor. That came in handy tracking down my water problem…….

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.