GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I have an opportunity to borrow someones bunkhouse, but one of the holdups for me is the conversion of plug wiring. I have the bushtec setup, which is a 6 wire flat plug. My friend has a square looking plug on his bunkhouse trailer. What would be the easiest way to connect the two WITHOUT cutting the plug ends off. Because I still have my trailer and he still needs to hook the bunkhouse to his wing. Hopefully what I want to do has an easy solution. I might have to get Lewis involved in ths one. I need to give him another project. :D

Also I have a Kisan brake modular on the bike. Will this mess up anything on the bunkhouse? I have a seperate Kisan modulator in my bushtec.

IF someone has an extra ball hitch that will slide into my bushtec hitch let me know. I think the going rate is about $100 from Bushtec. I am looking for something much cheaper.

C

·
0 Posts
SC Steve said:
Well I have an opportunity to borrow someones bunkhouse, but one of the holdups for me is the conversion of plug wiring. I have the bushtec setup, which is a 6 wire flat plug. My friend has a square looking plug on his bunkhouse trailer. What would be the easiest way to connect the two WITHOUT cutting the plug ends off.
Buy the mating ends for both the TRAILER, and the BIKE.
Then wire them together Taking care thet the COLORS MAY NOT MATCH (always wire function-to-function, NOT COLOR-TO-COLOR.)

You MAY have to change out the both ends of the Bunkhouse connector, but Im not sure..
Here is where you can get the mating plugs (including the 6 wire bunkhouse plug)

http://shop.easternmarine.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=catalog.catalog&categoryID=209

1 - 2 of 2 Posts