GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently converted a new (leftover) 2018 GL to a Motortrike Condor conversion with only 200 miles on the bike. Dealer who did the conversion didn't tell me that he had no use for the rear wheel, brake, swing arm, side-bags, etc. so all of the "leftover" boxes are now sitting in the garage. Anyone have an idea for the most efficient way to rid myself of Gl1800 parts I will probably never need? (No jokes, please!) Don't plan on converting it back to 2 wheels. Part them out on the Classified FSBO forum? Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
717 Posts
There is possibly more of a market for "18 and "19 conversion left overs than there was '01 through '10 pieces back in the day simply by virtue of the numbers available. You couldn't give that stuff away toward the end.. When I converted my '06 and again my '15 I did sell/give away some of the mechanical stuff but the plastic sat around in the way until I decided to build trailers out of them.

The classified board, cycle trader, and eBay are most likely places to advertise... Good Luck!!

·
Registered
5,002 Posts
I also have the rear end parts of my 2010 wing sitting in my garage ...Drive shaft, rear cases etc.etc.etc and everything else all in perfect condition , from when I also converted...Anybody want to put in a bid for them?

I'll let that drive shaft go for cheap + postage

Ronnie

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
Definitely post them on the classified section. You may not get a lot of $$ for them, but it's better then scrapping them.

I bought a zero miles, swing arm, final drive, rear caliper and rotor and drive shaft from a 2010, for my 2012 for $75. It's been sitting on a shelf for 5 years, but it's good insurance if and when I need any of the parts. The brake rotor itself is over $400.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Yeah same here. Our first conversion I carted all the stuff home. After futile attempts trying to unload the stuff I finally tossed most of it. The second conversion, the dealer kept all of the parts. Kind of shame actually.:shrug:

·
Registered
1,123 Posts

·
Premium Member
848 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
I am in need of a rear shock assembly with actuator since mine appears to be toast. It would be great if one of you could fix me up with one from years 12 to 17 . Our 02 with 43000 miles bottoms out on everything .Willing to deal
but don't want to spend big money so lets talk.

Mike

·
Registered
7 Posts
Mike, I think you may need to be more specific. You want us to fix you up with one for years 12 to 17. and yet you say your 02 bottoms out. So what do you really want, a rear shock for the 02 or a rear shock for the 12 to 17 years??

1 - 11 of 11 Posts