GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm eaving on a 3 week trip tomorrow. I am in the process of installing Kuryakyn risers and Noticed the forks extend to different heights in the triple clamp! I had the full monty Traxxion installed last summer. Is this normal???????

Thanks

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
Nope, someone messed up.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
TY Kit, I am going to rip that "someone" a new one!!!

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Does anybody know what the right setting is? I remember reading somewhere that the forks should extend thru the triple clamp, I don't remember how much though!

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
10 mm

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
I recently helped a friend change his brake and clutch fluids. His Wing was equipped with rotor chrome covers. I found screws and bolts that were not oem holding his rotor covers. This is after someone, not mentioning their name, but not the Woodstock, GA guys, did a full monty on his bike.

Perhaps your installer was one of those guys that don't pay attention to details. Just saying!

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
TY Kit!

No I didn't do it myself! I had an authorized Traxxion Installer do it. I love re-doing work I already paid someone else to do! :evil: It makes me wonder what else he screwed up!
It does explain why the tire I just took off had some strange cupping doesn't it!

FYI: Right side 10 MM Left side 4 MM

·
Registered
791 Posts
TY Kit!

No I didn't do it myself! I had an authorized Traxxion Installer do it. I love re-doing work I already paid someone else to do! :evil: It makes me wonder what else he screwed up!
It does explain why the tire I just took off had some strange cupping doesn't it!

FYI: Right side 10 MM Left side 4 MM
When you adjust the tube height you should also have the front wheel off. If the tube tops are at the same height then the axle bolt should slide right into the fork sliders. If they are not aligned then the rods in the fork caps are not screwed in to the same depth.

Pete

·
Registered
546 Posts
Traxxion

I installed Traxxion forks with cartridges and put them level with the top triple clamp. I forgot what the spring weight they put in ( have paper work somewhere ). Rear Penske shock was delivered with 1100 lb spring. It raised the ground clearance enough so I had to extend the kickstand about 1 inch. I suppose I could have slid the tubes the 10mm and the stock kickstand might have been ok. To determine kickstand length I let air out of both tires and had the length short enough so it wouldn't fall over. With air in tires and kick stand extension it leans the same as it did stock.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I just had to replace the top shouldered bolt holding the ABS chrome trim to the front fender because it had fallen out. The bottom bolt was also loose. I had my front end traxxioned in Feb or March in Woodstock. Yes, it made me wonder...

MK160

1 - 12 of 12 Posts