GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:?: I hope I did not bite off more than I can chew. Today I purchased a slightly damaged '05 GL1800. I have since been on line trying to figure out what parts I need. I found some micro filce that I cannot fully understand. I cannot afford to pay Honda to turn the screws on the body work that needs to be removed and replaced. Can anyone tell me where I can find out what I need to order and where it can be purchased.

Any Books, Manuals and Websites would be helpfull.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
ddozier234 said:
:?: I hope I did not bite off more than I can chew. Today I purchased a slightly damaged '05 GL1800. I have since been on line trying to figure out what parts I need. I found some micro filce that I cannot fully understand. I cannot afford to pay Honda to turn the screws on the body work that needs to be removed and replaced. Can anyone tell me where I can find out what I need to order and where it can be purchased.

Any Books, Manuals and Websites would be helpfull.
This is what you need. Has the Service, Electronic Troubleshooting, Owners and Parts manuals all rolled into one. They're on sale right now with coupon code 43210.

http://www.hondadirectlineusa.com/stores/product.asp?pid=813&str=4&ID=714092568

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
ddozier234 said:
Thanks a million.
Yep. I think you got the number pretty close. Just about a million fasteners of one kind or another holdin' all that stuff on. :lol: :lol: Keep things sorted (I use zip lock bags) as a lot of the fasteners look almost the same but have different lengths and different shoulders and if you get them back in the wrong places you end up with CRACKS! :lol: :lol:
I think you're gonna have a great time with that project. Have fun!
DC

1 - 5 of 5 Posts