GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All:

I have read many of the posts/threads on this board. Many good ideas. Lots of opinions. Taking into account all this information I am attempting to make suitable modifications to my 05 GL1800 this winter. Specifically I would like your opinions on the following:

AMSOIL TIRES: it is apparent that the Dunflops are not good tires...I will replace with AMSOIL tires. I understand that the AMSOIL tires run twice as long as any other tire

ALL BALLS MUFFLER BEARINGS: install ALL BALLS tapered muffler bearings to improve engine performance as they prevent any wobbling of engine back pressure

TRAXXION SEAT UPGRADE: both driver and passenger seat, will prevent uneven sinking of one's butt into the seat when encountering rough road conditions or high speed maneuvers

UTOPIA CRUSH WASHER: ensures no leaks and makes the engine very comfortable

NITROGEN BRAKE LINE FLUSH: apparently if I flush the brake lines with nitrogen I do not ever have to check the brake lines again as the nitrogen molecules don't leak out

DYNABEADS OIL: the beads will allow the camshaft to turn perfectly balanced and smoother and thus increasing the engine life

NITROGEN ENGINE FLUSH: we all know that oil will oxidize over time...replacing the engine "air" with nitrogen will prevent the oil from oxidizing which creates large oil polymers that do not fit in the small spaces between engine parts which in turn reduces the ability of the DYNABEADS to lubricate and balance the engine

TITANIUM TRAILER HITCH: apparently the hitches made from aluminium are too weak and light, those from steel are 6lbs too heavy...custom crafted titanium is the only sane option???

METZLER SIGNAL MIRRORS: apparently they work well but the silver backing delaminates after 3000 miles??

TULSA WINDSHIELD: will offer enhanced protection, however I apparently need to punch some louvers in the windscreen so I don't get too warm??

Thanks in advance for your helpful suggestions!!

·
Registered
18,563 Posts
:shock:
Please don't forget the most important upgrade of all. The automatic start feature. Does someone have the directions for set up ? This feature has really helped me in my enjoyment of riding. Also the crush washers have helped to clean out the fuel when you drop them in the tank on fillups. Remember it only takes two or three to do the job.

M

·
0 Posts
I think that someone has beel pulling your chain because Amsoil doen not make tires any more, They are the leading makes of Knutter Bushings and valves. And the signal mirrors that I like are made by Keebler elf's. :beer2:

·
Registered
126 Posts
:congrats::wrong::agree::excited::eek:4::22yikes:

·
Registered
939 Posts
Please post update after you put some miles on the bike with all these nice upgrades! :popcorn:

·
Registered
5,823 Posts
All:

I have read many of the posts/threads on this board. Many good ideas. Lots of opinions. Taking into account all this information I am attempting to make suitable modifications to my 05 GL1800 this winter. Specifically I would like your opinions on the following:

AMSOIL TIRES: it is apparent that the Dunflops are not good tires...I will replace with AMSOIL tires. I understand that the AMSOIL tires run twice as long as any other tire

ALL BALLS MUFFLER BEARINGS: install ALL BALLS tapered muffler bearings to improve engine performance as they prevent any wobbling of engine back pressure

TRAXXION SEAT UPGRADE: both driver and passenger seat, will prevent uneven sinking of one's butt into the seat when encountering rough road conditions or high speed maneuvers

UTOPIA CRUSH WASHER: ensures no leaks and makes the engine very comfortable

NITROGEN BRAKE LINE FLUSH: apparently if I flush the brake lines with nitrogen I do not ever have to check the brake lines again as the nitrogen molecules don't leak out

DYNABEADS OIL: the beads will allow the camshaft to turn perfectly balanced and smoother and thus increasing the engine life

NITROGEN ENGINE FLUSH: we all know that oil will oxidize over time...replacing the engine "air" with nitrogen will prevent the oil from oxidizing which creates large oil polymers that do not fit in the small spaces between engine parts which in turn reduces the ability of the DYNABEADS to lubricate and balance the engine

TITANIUM TRAILER HITCH: apparently the hitches made from aluminium are too weak and light, those from steel are 6lbs too heavy...custom crafted titanium is the only sane option???

METZLER SIGNAL MIRRORS: apparently they work well but the silver backing delaminates after 3000 miles??

TULSA WINDSHIELD: will offer enhanced protection, however I apparently need to punch some louvers in the windscreen so I don't get too warm??

Thanks in advance for your helpful suggestions!!
What Amsoil tires :eek:4::eek:4: really :coffee1:

·
Registered
3,291 Posts
Let me know where you bought the amsoil tires so i can buy some :shrug:

·
Registered
230 Posts
HUMM! Somebody's bored huh?
We're bracing for our yearly ICE storm and it's starting right NOW! So I'm going to print off all your mods and head to the garage for a couple of days.
I'm gonna add studded tires TOO !!! LOL.

·
Registered
248 Posts
You forgot the electrical connection 007 passenger ejection system!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts