Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

Well I’ve gone nuts once again and after 6 weeks and 4000+ miles I had my seat modified by WingSoft and added a Utopia backrest as well.

I ordered the 2006 Honda Service Manual over two weeks ago and was told it would be in within 2 or 3 days – it is still MIA so I do not have any manual other than the owner’s manual. I just received the DVD set from Fred but I am not sure I will find the answer to my questions regarding electrical add-ons that seem to be arriving non-stop at my door. You know - the stuff you may not need but you've just got to have – you know the drill.

I bought the connector for under the left pocket to power accessories and bought the plug with dual leads to bring power into the left pocket but I have 4 other electrical connections I need to make and would like some advice.

1. I have to install a Gerbing Thermostat. It needs to be connected directly to the battery but where to mount the controller itself is the issue. It has to be surface mounted and I really haven’t seen any suggestions posted as of yet that I like.

2. I bought the Back-Off unit that goes Wig-Wag,

3. I bought the wire that converts the LED’s in the rear spoiler from only a brake light to both a running light and a brake light

4. I have a license plate frame with a running/braking set of HyperLights.

As I stated I do not have the shop manual so the wiring is a mystery to me. I’ve got to get these things done before for my ride from NJ to Biketoberfest in Daytona next month. I would appreciate your feedback on how to best connect this type of stuff or maybe a link to some posting you may have come across.

The only thing I may add in the near future is a cell phone interface but so far I can only find units that integrate a cell phone, GPS and a Radar Unit. I have the Honda Nav System and do not want a radar unit beeping in my ear so I really only need to connect my cell phone.

Oh yea, on the 19th of October in Daytona I am having Progressive Springs installed in the forks and in the rear. Then that is it – no more spending money on more stuff! Thanks for any info and RIDE SAFE.

DonNJ

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.