GL1800Riders Forums banner

Help with Basecamp

1K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  Drgsin 
#1 ·
Thanks in advance!

I have several routes mapped in Basecamp that I am unable to get transferred correctly into the 18 GPS. It does transfer but when I go to navigate the route it just want to take me directly to the end point, which is my home where I start. The map looks fine in Basecamp and I am exporting from the Basecamp file to my USB as gpx. I have not used the Basecamp maps since the update, had no issue before. I know there are other map system option but I have several hours with planning these Basecamp routes. I appreciate it.

#5 · (Edited)
Tried another route and all it would do is take me to the 1st point. I will have to research shaping points vs hard points, honestly I am ignorant to the difference. This was no issue prior to the update. May a different USB but its the same USB I used to update so who knows

Made them shaping points, no dice. The transfer converts the route to most direct route from A to B, takes all of my custom routing away.

I was able to get one route to sort of load from above and now that does not work. Time to quit

#7 ·
Without seeing the actual file its hard to say , I'm guess there is a hard point there like a hotel, gas station, ect.
Basecamp works well once you find the key to how it works with the Harmon system.
I've been so use to working basecamp because of the garmin , I should try HTP again but I just remember how much i didn't like it.
Glad you got it !
PBR

#9 ·
Thanks for the videos. I am very familiar with Basecamp. I used it to create several routes last Fall and washed them through Babel to convert for the Wings acceptance. With the Wings new update I understand it eliminated that Babel conversion. I read one members post post update talking about moving things and eliminating waypoint etc etc. The route should just transfer and be the same. Ill start fresh and give it another try but honestly the 2 minutes it took to use HTP made me no longer want anything to do with Basecamp.

#10 ·
Once I found MyRoute.app I ditched HTP. Many fore features. Then a poster suggested I give Kurviger a try. Now I think I may be a Kurviger devotee. Both are feature loaded and have lots of functions that HTP don't have that make life just a little easer. I think Basecamp was designed to frustrate the user at every turn, so to speak.

Good luck on your map decision.

#13 ·
I finally was able to build a route in Kurviger and get it loaded into the Bike's GPS. I haven't tried riding the route as yet. I found a brief video tutorial that helped in developing the route (now I can't find it, sorry, but it is on YouTube). There were some quirky issues that I still don't understand, but if you persist, you can get the route you want. In my case, I was routing the Natchez Trace roadway from Red Bay, Al to the northern terminus. For some reason, Kurviger would not route the last few miles of the Trace and would put the route track on some other road(s). I kept playing with it and finally got what I wanted. I think there's plenty of features and capability in Kuviger and it is a very useful tool. I will have to take a look at MyRoute. I have built a few routes in the Honda Trip Planner and find it to be okay, but as with anything, there could be improvements. I can only hope Honda continues to improve the builtin GPS through the original developer or however they need to do it. Another cup of coffee and then it's time to ride.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.