GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you have installed a Bra (should I say Nose Cover), are there supposed to be two longer straps on the bottom. On the one I just received the left one is longer, but the one on the right is short. See picture.

Also is there a trick it getting this darn thing on, other than the short strap, I struggled with it for about 30 minutes, and never did get it right.

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
bra install...........

Remove the fairing strips beginning at the bottom, jiggle from side to side gently.
1. I hook the velcro around the mirrors first to hold the bra.
2. Next i hook the connection beneath the fairing strip, making sure the plug in is not in the way of the fairing strip when you re-install it.
3. The part that slips in around the headlight i do next.
4. the hooks that go in side the fairing i do next.
5. hook the hooks inside the vents from the radiators.
This about covers it, it takes me about 5 minutes to remove the bra, or about the same time to install it. i've had mine about 2 1/2 years. I also polish the fairing before making the install, remove after a long trip, or once a month and polish under the bra and remove bugs etc. Mine has been trouble free using this method. I'm thinking both sides are supposed to have attachments of equal length, you may have to return ur bra for a replacement thru honda, hope this helps.
I also think the black bra looks killer on the lighter colors. JD

·
Registered
60 Posts
I bought one and after about fifteen minutes it was on but it looked bad and my patience was so (GONE) that I ripped it off and tore it to hell. I would never buy one after that, I would rather have it repainted every year. hahah

·
Registered
4,863 Posts
The front nose mask (bra) fits rather tightly, as it should, but as JD indicated just put the other connection points on first and worry about the hooked lines as a final tightening down process with everything else connected. It will fit and you just need to be patient and proceed methodically and you'll have it. After the initial installation you'll find it is only a few minutes to remove it or reinstall it as needed.

Use the Honda Spray Cleaner and Wax to keep it soft and looking good, plus remove it occasionally to clean and wax underneath. I've had mine for nineteen months and it looks as good today as when I put it on originally (as does the bike underneath). I like it and it cleans up nicely after a long trip, plus gives a great protection to the front of your bike.

Good luck,

DaleC

1 - 12 of 12 Posts