GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to install a backoff wig wag unit on my GL1800. I've gone through the forum and found great input. My problem is that everywhere shows 2 grn/red and 2 grn wires going to the right trunk light, I only have 1 grn/red and 2 grn. I've order the service manual which should be here next week but I was hoping to work on this over the weekend.

Anyone know of the difference on the '06 GL1800?

·
Registered
289 Posts
Grizzz: In looking at the wiring diagram I see G/R and G. Going to each Brake light

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can you tell me how many to each trunk light?

I have:
1 - grn/red
2 - grn

All pictures I see show:
2 - grn/red
2 - grn

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
Grizzz said:
I'm trying to install a backoff wig wag unit on my GL1800. I've gone through the forum and found great input. My problem is that everywhere shows 2 grn/red and 2 grn wires going to the right trunk light, I only have 1 grn/red and 2 grn. I've order the service manual which should be here next week but I was hoping to work on this over the weekend.

Anyone know of the difference on the '06 GL1800?
If the 06 is the same as the 05, there are 5 Green/Red wires coming out of the 14-pin loom. 2 of these go right, 2 go to the lower lights and 1 goes left. Note that 1 G/R wire comes back from the right upper and goes to the left upper.

Been there done that. I've got some instructions if you want them but it sounds like you're already well into it. Does your's look like this?

Here's mine buttoned up:

·
Registered
289 Posts
They did change the wiring harness for 06. The manual shows one G/R and one G going to each brake light plus one of each going to the light over the tag.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanx for the help all. I am hooking up the 1 grn/red wire coming from each trunk tail light and we will see if that works.

:D

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
Joey Downs said:
The manual shows one G/R and one G going to each brake light plus one of each going to the light over the tag.
The manuals wiring schematic and reality are two VERY different things. LOL

·
Registered
52 Posts
06 brake light wiring

On the 2006 the (2) inside trunk taillights are not wired for brake light operation. Honda for some reason did not wire them up altho there is a empty hole in the connector and the bulb has the filiment that aligns with this hole. I installed a Wig-Wag unit from C.J. Industries and they provide jumper wires to activate the inside brake lights and there unit works great. I also have heard of some people replacing the wire harness with a harness from a 2005 and then all (4) brake lights work in the trunk but I did not do this. Good luck.........

1 - 8 of 8 Posts